- I've never watched Bones, but I like the show's new commercials where the cast is dancing to the song "Dead Man's Party."
- Ranger's note: They have only one run in the last 37 innings. That is an amazing stat. And it's the worst run production over four games in the history of the ball club. Wow.
- The KXAS 5 morning news constantly shows clips of Jay Leno's show and ends the "news" story with, "Be sure to watch Jay tonight at 9:00". I hate commercials buried in newscasts (for the millionth time.)
- There was another wrong way accident on the Dallas tollway last night. I understand wrong way drivers but why only on the tollway?
- Every time I refer to the helicopter ambulance in Decatur as "Careflight", I have some angrily inform me that the correct name is "Texas Lifestar."
- Yeah, Obama called Kayne West a jackass, but now there's a video of it. (Did his lips move?) But that whole incident helped him a heck of a lot more than it hurt him.
- John Krakauer, author of Into Thin Air and Into The Wild, has written a book about Pat Tillman. I love Krakauer.
- The defendant currently on trial in Decatur for sexual assault looks like he would be one difficult guy to deal with. He keeps telling his lawyer what to do which is fine so long as you know what to do.
- There was a lot of news about a new proposed health care bill released yesterday by some Congressional committee. Note: It's a bad sign when only one Senator comes out to announce its release in a press conference.
- There's talk about Cowboys Stadium having the roof open for Sunday night's opening game. I thought it would have been cool to start it out closed and then open it at halftime, then I learned you can't change it during a game. (But I can't find the link where I read that.)
- The Today Show is going to be in Dallas tomorrow morning. I wonder if Ann Curry is going to come as well?
- I thought there was going to be a replacement for Megan Henderson on Fox 4's Good Day? Dan Godwin isn't doing it for me.
- Texas Justice: Judge and DA are secretly sleeping together. DA's office prosecutes guy in judge's court and gets death penalty. Judge goes on to get elected to Texas highest criminal appellate court. Judge retires after a few years. Everyone finds about affair. Texas highest court now refuses to decide whether there is anything wrong with their former colleague sleeping with the DA during the trial. There's a term for that: Appearance of impropriety.
- Yesterday I wrote that I hated the "Oh, yeah, what about you" argument. Then someone pointed out I did the same thing with my ACORN comment. You know, I was busted. Big time.
- The girl posing as the hooker when they are secretly taping ACORN reps is hot. (Here name is Hanna Giles but it's hard to find a pic of her.) The guy, who showed up on Fox and Friends in a pimp outfit while proclaiming "I'm very white", looks like a whip. (And I did mean "whip" instead of "wimp").
- F Bomb blooper yesterday by a Fox affiliate (not ours). I'm not sure what that phrase means, but you have to love the female anchor's expression. (Uh: Language warning.) Thanks, Alice.
at 8:20 AM