- I showed up for County Court in Jack County yesterday, found the sign in sheet, and noticed my court appointed client had arrived before me. I then looked around and didn't see him -- an oddity that was explained when his exasperated girlfriend came in later to tell me "they arrested him when he came in." Sheesh.
- His bondsman had turned on him, by the way.
- My health insurance company wrote me to tell me my monthly premium is going up $50 a month. That's with not filing a claim in 5 years and having a deductible that would buy a nice vacation.
- My house plants never die. And I really don't do anything other than water them when I see the leaves going limp.
- Hey, Right Wingers, don't worry about the Obama speech to your children. They are kids. It's a speech. It's school. They'll be asleep or daydreaming within 2 minutes.
- I like watching a bird flap it's wings in water.
- Prediction Fail: I said the Rangers would fade down the stretch. I was wrong. It's September and they are 3 1/2 games behind in the division and 2 1/2 games behind in the Wild Card. My bad.
- I've said it before, but the "Promiseland" televangelist/religious show is worse than what Robert Tilton ever did. I know you've never seen it, but if I ever run across it I'll watch it until my blood boils.
- OK, after proclaiming The Dark Knight was awful after seeing it in the theater last year, I've had a chance to reevaluate my position after watching it on cable. Verdict: I was too kind in my review. It's corny and simplistic.
- Texas A&M just lost a game in 2015 and 2016 because they just agreed to play USC. Why, oh why?
- My travel companion, who happened to be female, took this photo at the Cowboys game on Saturday night. I hadn't noticed the little Photo Bomber on the right.
- Funny: Our main governor candidates have created YouTube channels to attack each other. Gov. Perry named his AKayOticCampaign while Kay Bailey Hutchison named her's TrickyRicky2010.
- Someone keeps telling me that the attendance for the Texas Rangers is "great." No so fast my friend. The average attendance for this year is 27,637. That would rank 10th best over the last 13 years.
at 8:14 AM