- I used to get into "bull nettle" as a child when I wandered through the woods. Does it still exist?
- Women love "True Blood" on HBO. I'm not sure I understand why.
- Personal note to someone who submitted a comment about a county commissioner that I didn't post. Technically, you are wrong about what is is the "public record".
- Craziest news story over the weekend: Three guys rescued after spending a week (a week!) clinging to an overturned boat in the Gulf of Mexico. The Coast Guard had even called off the search.
- Richard Gere is 60 today.
- When did they stop asking the bride to "love, honor, and obey" the groom? (And if you're a woman fed up with weddings, this will be the funniest thing you'll read in quite some time.)
- I'm taking more and more naps on weekends, but I feel like I'm wasting so much time when I do it.
- Hey, I'm all for flying the flags at half-staff for Sen. Kennedy but the round-the-clock TV coverage of his funeral/burial over the weekend seemed a little much.
- As for the registered federal sex offender, visited twice a month by a parole officer, who kidnapped the 11 year ago and held her for almost two decades: Good lord, what else is going on out there that we don't know about.
- I kind of wished I had majored in History.
- The new law preventing talking on a cell phone in a school zone requires a posted sign before it can be enforced but Decatur had them up on the first day. And I know at least one person that was stopped by the cops for a violation on the first day of school -- sheesh.
- Doesn't it seem like California is always on fire?
- Fox 4 News' "Lonestar Adventures" profiled Bridgeport's (city owned) newly opened off-road vehicle park last night. I don't understand it that either.
- The president's weekly radio address, regardless who is in office, has to have almost zero listeners.
- College football starts up next week. Yahooty.
- On the news last night there was a story of bleachers being burned by arson at Arlington Martin stadium. Prediction: They will be caught because there is no way they can keep their mouths shut.
at 8:21 AM