9.03.2009

Decatur ISD Protects Your Children From Hearing Obama Say, "Stay In School"

Link.

213 comments:

1 – 200 of 213   Newer›   Newest»
Anonymous said...

Well done.

Remote Controller said...

Dear Mr. President,

Even though you are our leader and a public servant, because we Republicans are ignorant of what it means to be loyal to our country. We will not listen to you. We will fail to give our children a connection and become inspired by our country. Our political motivations are more important then the President of the the United States and therefore, we humbly refuse to listen to you.

With sincere regret and backwards thinking,
Decatur ISD

Old Timer said...

It is amazing how gullible the posters on here are. If Fox news or one of the right wing talk show host says to not listen to the president because he is going to poison your mind, then they line up behind them like the people did when following Jim Jones in South America to drank the cool aid. Sad that they can not think for themselves and have to depend on others to do their thinking for them!

Anonymous said...

I smell another 70+ comments a-brewin'.

Anonymous said...

"But be sure to tune in later, kids, when we'll broadcast Ted Nugent reading Scripture and sharing bow-hunting tips, followed by a rant against the United States by local hero Larry Kilgore. And just say 'NO' to drugs!"

Decatur ISD Communications Director

Anonymous said...

Damn folks...he is the President of our United States!
Agree or disagree, show some respect. Talk about brainwashing, telling your kids not to listen to a Presidential speech, because of your views.

Anonymous said...

I'm a Decatur parent. Good call by the DISD Administrators. I will definately watch the video at home with my kids! The president has my support on trying to fix our nations problems. That is his job and I wish him well on that. It is my job and only my job to raise my kids and I am going to do that. Thank you to the school administrators for knowing their job! :)

Anonymous said...

All this rhetoric is a bunch of Bullsh*t...This county is going downhill fast and it's not because of who is in office, it's because of what kind of people you have become today! Very sad time for the Decatur, Texas. Has it ever occurred to any of you that maybe "change" is something all of you need...go to church Sunday and ask the Lord for forgiveness...Thank God the rest of the country isn't as biased, racist and blind as the people who live in this county. Sad...Sad...Sad...Unbelievable!

Anonymous said...

But, the man is an empty suit with absolutely nothing to say. I am very proud to be a grad of DHS today. BTW, I hope the Pres does'nt refer to Republicans as
a--holes as his "green jobs" czar did. I don't think that word is in the TAKS curriculum. Just sayin.

Anonymous said...

Watch the dang video, Barry...then I want to hear you pledge "I will be a servant of Barack Obama"...as a parent, I am very proud of Decatur ISD. You really are clueless, and you can tell you are not a parent.

Anonymous said...

9:02 - agree with you. Many Republicans are totally Rush infected, blindly following his baloney.

***********

I think it's a good idea to tape the thing and let parents decide to watch or not watch with their kids.

Anonymous said...

How embarassing for an ISD!

I'm guessing the administration has heard enough bigotry espoused by a handful of boardmembers that the decision is more about catering to board members than it is in protecting children from hearing a "stay in school speech."

Of course they will follow this with stopping all other interruptions of instruction like pep rallies, assemblies, fundraisers etc.

Sheesh! What stupidity. After the speech I think they will look even more stupid.

There is no hope for our public schools.

Anonymous said...

2 words for ya...JOSEPH STALIN... you left wingers go ahead and spew your hatred towards anyone who doesn't agree with you, but watch the video, it ends with "I PLEDGE to be a servant to Barack Obama", not our country, not to others, to BARACK OBAMA...and that doesn't freakin' bother you?

Anonymous said...

Report I heard on WBAP this morning of the intended content of his address to the children include some good points, some that should be avoided. To Remote Controller and Old Timer (and I'm sure other commentors to follow) - don't take a stand on any issue, simply demean and denigrate anyone who disagrees with you - nice touch.

Anonymous said...

Wichita Falls ISD did the same thing. They explained very well the reasons why.

Anonymous said...

9:25...President Obama doesn't bother me...it's people like you that bother me!!! Open your narrow mind and let some common sense filter in...it could do ya a lot of good...

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah, if someone disagrees w/ your candidate, there can be no other reason than racism - how easy that is, and how convenient, that way you don't have to discuss the issues or defend your position - nice touch.

Anonymous said...

i wish to thank the disd for this. the mr obama has no need of going into our class rooms and trying to promote his communist agenda. if obama wants to do somthing for our children then first become a christian and then a conservative thinker so that we can be sure that we have a good role model talking too our kids. as it currently stands we have a commi lying dirty politician who wants to talk. keep uo the good work disd i hope the rest will follow and to the rest of you osama supporting liberals treasonist i shall pray for you to get smart

Anonymous said...

Maybe the teachers need to have a test on what the Presidents speech was about. After all it will be a history lesson. Then perhaps they need to have the students do a written essay as to what they thought about his speech. It would be some good practice for the writing part of the TAKS test. He is the President of the United States after all. Where is the respect regardless if you voted for him or not?

Anonymous said...

I am thankful that they won't be doing this because I was going to leave my daughter at home that day. It is my GOD given and MILITARY given right to make the decision for her not to listen to anything that man has to say. When she reaches an age that she make that decision I will let her but for now I make that decision.

Anonymous said...

Wasn't it a Texas teacher and students who got on desk tops dancing to celebrate the assination of President Kennedy?

Can't say we have progressed much.

chupacabra said...

Whew, that was a close one!

Anonymous said...

What video is everyone talking about? The subject of this post is the speech that will be made in the future, isn't it?

My guess is there probably won't be anything in the president's education speech asking students to be a servant to him.

Stupid idiots!

Anonymous said...

Most idiots are not over exposed. This one is...I am even sick of looking at him.

Anonymous said...

Why does the decision about race? Calling the people who live in Wise County racists is all about emotional intimidation.

The Decatur ISD made a decision and the last time I checked, our public schools are run by an elected school board and we have local control.

If parents want to participate at home, they have the option. Let's get on with teaching our kids to pass the tests so we can have our schools funded under "no child left behind" since education is about passing tests, not about learning. The teachers need all classroom time for that, not to write letters on how to help the President. Obama needs to understand everything is NOT about him, The One.

The decision is right because it was made at the local level, not from the White House.

Anonymous said...

THANK YOU DISD!! As a parent of a DISD student THANK YOU for allowing us the PARENTS to decide if and when to show our children the video.

Anonymous said...

I remember being in school when Reagan was shot. Our give a shit factor rose to about 50% for half a day. I don't think it will hurt but they are already in the 2nd week of school. He should have given earlier notice of the speech.

Anonymous said...

For all you lefties ragging on poor ole Wise Co, Flower Mound, a 5A exemplary school, is also not wasting valuable class time to show the propaganda.

They are offering a link to the speech. So why not go rag on them for a while?

"Thank God the rest of the country isn't as biased, racist and blind as the people who live in this county. Sad...Sad...Sad...Unbelievable!"

Obama's popularity is below 50% now. So it appears the rest of the country believes about like good ole Wise Co. I guess you just have to suck it.

Anonymous said...

Hey people. Is this not the same kind of thing? Just saying....

http://bushlibrary.tamu.edu/research/public_papers.php?id=3450&year=1991&month=all

Anonymous said...

9:30, if ANY president asked me to PLEDGE to be a servant to HIM, I would be frightened, goes to show that you are the one who is close minded...have you watched the video? It's Hollywood people, not the president...

Anonymous said...

Jeez, I am a republican and this far right bs is killing me. I think they have been empowered by the healthcare debate and will continue to go to the mat on everything the obama does. Going to be a long 4/8 years of beeeechin.

Its not like its Jack's tv address in "Mars Attacks", which was vitally important because people were going to get zapped by Martians. It will be a toned down, gentle musing on edumacation, to which 90% of the students will put there heads on the desk and sleep a deep sleep through. The other 10% might actually learn something. I can remember when Gerald Ford was running against bucky and I wanted to have access to their views, but none were readily available in the West Texas hayseed town I grew up in. It would have been nice to debate the the issues with my teachers, form an educated opinion and grow my own belief system. Guess that can't happen in DISD either.

FREEDOM

William Wallace with my skirt hiked up.

Where is Slim Whitman when you need him to make retards heads explode.

Anonymous said...

9:35 - It is your GOD given and MILITARY given right to home school your child. Please do so. Public schools probably do not suit your values. I am sure your daughter's teachers will appreciate it as well.

Daniella said...

It seems to be an epidemic. Many schools around the state are using the same excuse. Ever heard of a "teachable moment?"

Anonymous said...

simple people = simple minds

Anonymous said...

I am a parent and a teacher. It is truly amazing to me that we interrupt classes for fundraising companies to come in and brainwash our kids. They promise them lunch in limos, prizes, parties, etc. Then the children are treated like lepers if they don't raise enough money. Some of these kids and their families cannot afford to pay for school lunch, but they come up with $300 for a fundraiser. If we are not going to invite the President in, we also should not invite fundraising companies represented by complete strangers in.

I do not care whether we watch the speech or not. We watched the inauguration, and frankly, the younger kids were totally bored by it and did not understand the significance. However, parents might consider that a teacher influences children daily. That teacher may or may not agree with your political or religious beliefs. If you trust the teacher's judgement, then the speech itself is not that important. The teacher will lead the discussion and interpretation.

mzchief said...

Perhaps, DISD not allowing Obama to dictate what is taught in schools is an indication that DISD has a more informed, professional opinion on how better to utilize their student's time in school than some guy who spends all his time campaigning and spewing rhetoric. Think about the loss of productivity if a business of 2,000 people stopped work to watch an hour of television unrelated to their job. That is no different than students during classtime listening to a pep-talk by the POTUS. Yep! I would feel the same had it been "W." Actually, I would be more adverse to a mumble mouth like "W" addressing U.S. students because you could never count on what would fall out of "W's" mouth.

Obama is so full of himself and so out of touch he has some crazed dellusion that public school students give a rat's hind end what he has to say and that The One telling students to "stay in school" will carry more weight than their own parents and friends. Obama needs to shut up, get off television and get to work coming up with REAL solutions to REAL problems like Afghanistan, budget deficit, out of control debt and protecting U.S. telecommunications and electric grid from catastrophic Coronal Mass Ejections.

Anonymous said...

Many ISDs are following the same policy. The reason is not political; it is a matter of scheduling. In LISD the speech will take place during the high school lunch time. They will make the speech available via a link on their website.

Anonymous said...

"It is your GOD given and MILITARY given right to home school your child. Please do so. Public schools probably do not suit your values. I am sure your daughter's teachers will appreciate it as well.<

Another gentle liberal soul. Wow.

Anonymous said...

Lol, Mzchief said "Coronal Mass Ejaculations" .....or something like that.

Anonymous said...

Thank you mzchief.

Anonymous said...

After reading all the comments from this list and the ones i read from the other list i think that people need to pull there heads out of whatever bodily orafice its in and think for themselves. I think most of u people seem to forget that it was Mr. Bush that got us in this situation and Mr.Obama is the one stuck trying to fix it. So if he wants to address the children about staying in school big deal that doesnt make him a commi or a socialist or even a nazi as i have seen him called on these comments. Give the guy a break and let him try to fix what he can and if u dont like what he is doing than try moving to Russia,Iran,Canada or any other contry on this planet

Anonymous said...

Kids are gone so a voucher won't do me any good, but surely would love to be able to send my school taxes to a district led by a board interested in more than turf and letting undeserving kids walk and administrators who promote education.....as in expanding minds, fighting bigotry, fostering respect.

Anonymous said...

9:46 I agree with you about the fundraisers! It DOES interrupt school and there is HEAVY pressure. I don't like it. DISD administrators can we rein in the fundraisers during school hours please?

Anonymous said...

To all of you haters who are now asking why I think DISD's decision was based on race, don't you read this blog daily? Do you read all of the racial comments posted about our United States President Barack Obama? Duh, where would anybody come up with the idea that Wise County citizens are racists? Come on people, you can't even admit the truth when it is in your face every day here on this blog!! OMG!
Where was all of this insanity when W was the president? Did you just go out to your barn and borrow your horse's blinders and where them for 8 years? Geesh...ya'll are impossible...and to think that our (which means yours and mine - remember this country is based on a democracy), President is a nazi and a socialist...to think he is going to talk politics to the school children of the U.S. is just ridiculous...all he is trying to do is to motivate all the children to do better and get an education so they can do better in life...oh but, that might be a mistake too, huh?

Anonymous said...

Remember when this was funny? Now it's scarey.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9l0cEnEzCvE

Anonymous said...

Wise County Republicans = hateful, scared, uneducated

mzchief said...

To anonymous 10:09...
The problems with the economy, debt and deficit were brewing LONG before Bush became POTUS. Obama ran on the platform of FIXING the economy, debt and budget deficit and is doing NOTHING to make any of them better and is doing EVERYTHING to make them worse. Tell me one thing Obama has done and/or plans on doing that will improve any of the aforementioned problems. Believe it or not, destroying health care in the U.S. because approximately 5% of U.S. citizens lack health insurance is absolute ROT.

You and your ilk blaming Bush for the current economic mess is just as moronic as blaming Obama for Social Security going bankrupt just because SS goes bankrupt on his watch. You telling people who dislike Obama's disastrous schemes to move out of the States is tantamount to the Repuglicans telling the Bush haters to leave the U.S. because they hated Bush. You just proved that the Loony Leftist Liberals are just as chock full of divisive cretins as is the Raging RightWing NUTZ.

Anonymous said...

thank God that DISD has some sense and knows their boundaries. If a parent want their kids to watch (or give a damn) what Obama says, they can tune in. I'm soooo glad they aren't forcing participation through the schools. Smart move!!! For once, I'm actually proud of DISD.

Anonymous said...

9:35

That story has grown tiresome.

In 1963, there were 3 National TV Networks, no cell phones, no texting and no internets. News traveled much slower in those days.

If you check your history, you'll note that 11/22/1963 was a Friday. Schools were closed immediately upon the news of JFK's death and the kids were allowed to leave early. Not all schools provided an explanation as to why the students were allowed to go home early because the news of JFK's death had not been communicated to the masses at that point in time, so naturally, the kids, especially the younger ones with no idea of why they were getting to go home early, were excited. Some teachers, that did know why school was being closed, chose not to tell their students the reason because they felt either that the younger ones would not understand and/or they felt it was the place of the parents to share the news and not themselves.

The dancing on the desks is a bunch of overblown, urban legend crap that can not be proven. I've heard this story associated with pretty much all of the lower 48 states. The states considered to be "south" seem to get used more than the others.

So, get your facts straight, check your sources and remain fair and unbiased in your reporting.

Double Fake David Brinkley

Anonymous said...

Schools are forced to straddle many fences these days. Whether you are a Democrat or a Republican, you cannot deny that this was going to be an issue. No matter WHAT the schools do, somebody is NOT going to agree. I feel like this was a fair way for the school to stay out of the politics of it! They're neither supporting nor banning. Besides, it would be a major interruption of the school schedule, it's not like every classroom and gym has TV access. And besides, it SHOULD be left to the parents to decide the significance of this speech for their children. Children are not voters, I really don't think that not dropping everything to watch the live feed is a demonstration of blatant disregard for our President, especially considering the ease of technology to review the speech at any time. This isn't the days of radio broadcast where if you missed the live feed you may not get a chance to hear it first hand again. I think both sides may be overreacting a bit ; ).

Anonymous said...

Woooowwww...if Big W were to attempt to sound educated for .2 seconds and wanted to address the children, I'm sure it wouldn't be a problem. But the non-christian (despite his numerous attempts to tell you that he is very much so a christian); "terrorizing" POTUS is a threat?!? WHY?!? No one has given be a good answer YET. I'm amazed that Big W had EIGHT years to screw this country up, but you wanna force Obama to fix it in ten MONTHS?!? Of course his popularity went down, because the very people who want instant gratification are the fat asses who want pounds to fly away in a week rather than work hard for it. I'd LOVE to see what some of you would do in his shoes, see how quickly YOU could dig us out of the hell-hole your beloved Bush CREATED...at the end of the day, if you serve the same Jesus Christ that I do, God wouldn't have allowed him in office if he wasn't meant to be there. For the next 3 years, build a bridge and GET OVER IT!!!

Anonymous said...

From Channel 4 news anchor Eddie Barker's website --

>> Barker and Rather have had an off-and-on relationship over the years, dating back to an incident a couple of days after the assassination. A 40-man CBS crew, headed by Rather, set up operations in the KRLD newsroom where Barker was the news director.

>> Barker mentioned in the newsroom that at the school his children attended, students cheered the announcement that classes would be dismissed.

>> CBS reported that students at a Dallas elementary school cheered when they learned the president had been assassinated.

>> Barker was furious.

>> “The kids were first graders, cheering because school was being let out, not because the president was dead, but that's not the way it came out.”

Anonymous said...

Right Wing. Small Mind. HE is the President of the United States.
It was not a big deal when George H.W. Bush spoke to the kids in 1991.

Anonymous said...

If you feel that President's address is that important for your children to hear---why would you have a hard time making sure that you provide a time and require them to listen to the recording? I think many of you are far too hung up on the timing of the delivery than on the intent of the President's speech. It is absolutely ridiculous how some have chosen to politicize every action of our elected officials---and both parties are equally guilty of this. If the timing this address was of major import to the welfare of our country or if our country was facing a grave crisis, then the decision to not play the President's address would have been wrong and contrary to the interests of the American people. I do not think this is the case with the presiden's address to our schoolchildren.

Anonymous said...

Actually I think this is an attempt by the Obama political advisers to deflect attention away from the failing healthcare plan.

Sidetrack the debate and make Obama look like a victim. Imply that those narrow minded Republicians (and there is nothing worse in today's society than taking a position on what is right or wrong) seek to silence the leader. Toss in racism as well.

So far we don't have state run media,(I know CNN, NBC and ABC are like Pravda) but it is just about as close as you can get.

Interesting strategy, let's see if it will work.

Anonymous said...

He's the President! ! Listening to him does not mean that your kids are going to become liberal.

You realize the kind of backlash him being The President has caused all the narrow minded right winged people out there.

I think Bush was an idiot, but I at least listened to his addresses because he was The President.

Why don't all of you narrow minded raciest right winged change is a bad thing because I am white people move to another country where you'll at least respect your leader.... oh wait, you can't because no other country in the world has such a conservative following.

Anonymous said...

I am white, why would I want change. Everything has been handed to me my entire life. I don't like change and all of these different colored people. I like having a narrow uneducated mind and thinking the world revolves around me and being selfish and not helping my fellow man who has not been given the same chances that I have.

Washington said...

OOOO DAYYY O Day, O Day, O Day! O DAAAAYYY OOOO DAYYYYYY. O Day, O Day, O Day O DAY, OOOOOO DAYYYYYYY OOOOOOOOO DAYYYYYYY!

Anonymous said...

Being the Pres. of the US does NOT necessarily earn respect, any more than being dead earns respect. Respect is EARNED, not elected or granted when you die. The reason I don't like (or respect) Obama has nothing to do with race, but everything to do with agenda and plans to decrease my civil rights as a citizen.

mzchief said...

To anonymous 10:16...
I do not dislike Obama because he is MIXED RACE. Obama being raised by upper middle class white people in Hawaii means he knows more about being a rich white kid/man than 99% of Americans. Have you been to Hawaii? Even the "poor" people live a darned good life in Hawaii and upper middle class in Hawaii is mighty high toned. You and your ilk calling Obama "Black" is a joke of monumental proportions. Obama, as stated in his book, beginning during his time at Columbia, sought out Black groups and later joined a Black church so he could immerse himself in the "Black Culture" because he was unable to do so growing up with his "white family." Obama admitted, in his book Dreams of My Father to having resentment for his "white family" for not being "Black." I do not know what to call that other than RACISM.

I dislike Obama because he is a racist, liar/politician and someone who wants to further errode the rights of U.S. citizens all the while digging a deeper hole of debt of which the U.S. is approaching to NEVER being able to climb out. I dislike Obama for his hatred of the U.S.

I do like Obama for his belief that ALL people should stay in school and make the most of themselves. However, I dislike his pandering to the far fringe of the Loony Leftist Liberals and refusing to stand up to minorities and telling them to get off their arses and WORK and insists on taking from those who already work.

Anonymous said...

I commend our President for engaging our youth and trying to make them feel they are a important part what is going on in our country. I do feel that this should be shown in Schools with a open discussion after with between the teachers, administrators and students. I do think this should only be for the High School Students and make it a choice if they wish to participate or not. If we as a country are going to rebound we are going to need the Students of today to become informed and involved.
What bothers me most is the lack of respect now ebbing shown for our President, yes you have the right to not agree with his views but you should respect the office. That is one of the great things about our country is that you can disagree with our leaders openly , but you should do this with a open mind and not just disagree with him because he is a Demacrat or his Race

Anonymous said...

I guess Decatur ISD doesn't want their students to hear the president say it's a good idea to stay in school and to further your education. Wouldn't want our kids to hear that, now would we? We're more concerned that our not so great football team has turf to play on...

Anonymous said...

11:05
Now THAT was funny!

Anonymous said...

We have a right as parents to guide our children into our views, principles, etc., but do them a great disservice by teaching them to disrespect the President of the United States.

If we can't like the man as a person, surely we can respect that he is the man over all the military who fight to keep us free.

In some countries, folks would be put into jail for speaking so disrespectfully of their nation's leaders.

Children live what they learn.

Anonymous said...

11.03 WOW! I am white and I can tell you NOTHING HAS BEEN HANDED TO ME ALL MY LIFE! I've worked full-time from the age of 13 and am still unashamedly just slightly below middle class but making progress ON MY OWN! I earned an education (EARNED NOT GIVEN), I carry myself with pride and dignity, and I listen to both sides of any argument without the assumption that color means anything whatsoever. I absolutely cannot believe you actually think like that. Reversed racism anyone? WOW!

Anonymous said...

10:16 The students need to get a good education in order to be able to pay the $10 trillion in debt coming their way! Perhaps entering into some type of agreement in order to help the President would first be conditional on his balancing the budget. Now if only a fifth or sixth grader can figure that one out.

Actions speak louder than words and spending our children's future should outrage us all!

Or they could just not get an education and join a union or get one of those green jobs.

Anonymous said...

10:40 am I agree with your comment but I did want to add that all high school students will be eligible to vote in the next presidential election.

Anonymous said...

You know if it was George W. on tv, the liberalists would up in arms, it's sad we have to bring in politics on something like this

what about Bridgeport, Chico, Paradise, Slidell, Alvord ISD's ??

Anonymous said...

Thoughts....

Does this mean every time the Pres. has a speech during a school day that we will stop down classes across all the nation so the kids can listen?

Would this become a precedent for the President?

What percentage of school children are registered voters?

Will there be a pop quiz?

Is it on the TAKS test? The SAT test? The ACT test?

If you had a choice of watching the speech during the school day or getting astroturf for the football field, which would you choose?

Will watching the speech live vs. watching a replay tonight on any of NUMEROUS cable news networks, change my life in any way?

Where should I have my flag flying? Full staff? Half staff? Half Caf Decaf?

Double Fake Confused Confucius

Anonymous said...

HAVE ANY OF YOU WATCHED THE VIDEO????? It's NOTHING about education...it talks about going green, being responsible and going green...with a little thrown in about helping others and volunteering...ends with "I PLEDGE to be a servant to Barack Obama", wake up people, watch it yourself.

Anonymous said...

I think he says,"Somebody get this big headed, ugly heifer up offa me. I swear, she was a man befoe I done loss my mine and marry tha foo!"
Or something like that anyways.

Anonymous said...

9:19...I agree completely. My son attends bridgeport high school and I tell ya it is difficult to steer him away from racism because there is so much of it at bport high school. When the kids got to cast their fake ballot for president, all grades chose uh what's his name...oh yeah, McCain...except for the freshman class which my son was in at the time. I was so proud. He goes to school everyday with a brilliant mind and has to deal with all the stupidity the other students have inherited from their parents. He listens to what his equally brilliant mom has to say (that being me) but he doesn't just blindly listen and follow. He researches and investigates issues to form his own opinion. He was so proud to wear his Obama shirt to school after Obama won the oval office. He is truly a wonderful child who cares deeply for everyone in the world. If bport schools pull the same move, he will be the first to lead a peaceful protest and/or petition against such idiotic actions. Gosh, I'm so proud of him.

Anonymous said...

Help......... I've let myself be

kidnapped by a bunch of

conservative crazies on this blog!

Anonymous said...

11:18, if you have worked so hard and you're still poor, then you should be liberal because our programs help you.

Anonymous said...

11:20, the debt was started by your man W. Clinton had us out of the debt that Reagan caused, then W. immediately put us in it.
Obama is doing what he must do to help fix our economy. There is also a plan to balance the budget.

Anonymous said...

BG, your fingers getting tired of approving all of these comments????

Just approve everything! Cock, Balls!

Anonymous said...

I've been calling all my kids schools to find out if they were going to show this video. I shoulda come on here first, saved me some time. There's no way in hell my kids were going to watch that. That pompous man has no business asking my kids to pledge anything to him. Nickeldeon is also advertising to kids to pledge allegiance to the world. Anyone else seen that? Myley Cyrus and someone else does that commercial.

Anonymous said...

Isn't it lovely that Education Secretary Duncan said, " viewing of the speech is encouraged, not mandatory."

I can't wait for the day that they send out the MANDATORY speech to schools...

Anonymous said...

mole hill = mountain

Anonymous said...

Bridgeport won't be allowing it either. How disgusting and sad for the children in wise county

Anonymous said...

The far left liberal politicians suck. The far right wing whack jobs suck. These two groups control Washington and all politics throughout the nation. The people of this country continue to argue with one another because of all the BS they throw at us. This keeps us occupied while they vote on their own pay raises, golf with prospective donors and spend the entire 4th year of their term running for office without accomplishing shit. Stop bitching and go register to vote and then here's the trick, start voting for your city council, county officials, state/federal legislators and of course president and then maybe Austin and Washington will start listening to us instead of treating us like their children. We not he politicians are the only hope this country has.

Anonymous said...

I'll bet I have more edumacation than 10:27!!

Anonymous said...

11:26 - Are you crazy? What video? He hasn't made the speech yet. They have released what the speech will be about. Here it is -

"President Obama will deliver a national address to students on September 8 at noon ET. He will challenge students to work hard, set education goals, and take responsibility for their learning."

How could anyone object to a student hearing the President of the US talk about that?

Anonymous said...

I'm just glad DISD wants to use all of the school day for education. I guess that means no more pep rallies on Fridays.

Anonymous said...

If this was George Bush, we wouldn't be hearing anything from the right. The White House clarified the original intent of the speech, which is focused on setting educational goals, etc. Another example of how unhinged the far right fringe has become. Can't we just divide the country into the United States of America and Jesusland?

Mr. Mike Honcho said...

11:05 with the "O'Day..." Chant? Great Call!

PS - MZChief is still a plagiarizer.

Anonymous said...

the only president that left office w/o a debt is andrew jackson.
all the other presidents had a deficeit.

Anonymous said...

this just makes me fighting mad. Come on mzchief, just me and you, let's take this outside. I know I could kick your ass all the way back to reality.

Anonymous said...

Well said 12:27...mzchief should rename herself as "mzknowitall"...with a sick sense of humor of enjoying it when she rattles someone's cage...she needs to just pull out her debit card and head to the sex toy shop and relieve herself from all of her pent up anxiety!

House of R and R said...

Good Grief!

To all you people who are freaked out because your child is unable to watch the stupid thing at school,

If the school doesn't want to show it, BIG DEAL! Watch the darn thing at home with your child for goodness sake! Have a party. Invite the whole neighborhood over. Bring out the flags and candles. Say your chants...ALL HAIL THE KING. Video the darn thing and bury it in a time capsule if you want...WHATEVER.

Nobody is stopping you.

Anonymous said...

Since my child wants to listen to the broadcast live, HE SHOULD HAVE THAT OPTION and it should not be taken away from him via the superintendent!!! 12:39, good idea but she needs way more than a sex toy to relieve herself. She needs a good ole fashion ass whooping like they do it here in good ole redneck wise county.

Fast Eddie said...

My "Conservative" friends, let's be reasonable here. This should be the Conservative line:

http://boortz.com/nealz_nuze/2009/09/speaking-of-obama-addresses.html

Anonymous said...

Since this is a planned speech and it is intended to be educational, why not let the teachers and admin have an advanced copy so that they will know what is coming into their classrooms? As a teacher, I want to be prepared and be able to answer questions afterward.
I don't think I would have felt this way with any other President. This one is just too unknown and has too many questionable facets in his background.

Anonymous said...

The comments about "rights" made by 9:35 scare the crap out of me.

Anonymous said...

Yes, we should show this President the same respect the last President got from the Democrats.

Anonymous said...

I believe the derogatory comments about President Obama unfortunately demonstrate a vast prejudice and widespread bigotry in Wise County.

The president wants to encourage your children to study, work hard and get the most out of their education. But so many on this blog, and apparently our school administrators, want to protect our children from this encouragement. How pathetic.

Anonymous said...

Warning to self: Never read or comment on this blog while PMS is occurring.

Anonymous said...

So are the Lewisville schools all backward and racist? Is Flower Mound an uneducated, hick, red-neck community?

Anonymous said...

Southlake schools won't show it either. And we know all the Wise County schools want to be just like Southlake. Oh, wait, we just want turf like they have...

Anonymous said...

Ya'll are just mad because you know mzchief is right and you're retarded.

Anonymous said...

Yes I've heard of a "teachable moment".

Was it Marx or Mao who thought it up?

Mr. Mike Honcho said...

This thread is a perfect example of why I hate political parties.

I did not and will not vote for Mr. Obama. But no matter how much you wish it wasn't true, he is YOU and YOUR KIDS President.

If you have such poor parenting skills and have so little control and influence over your children that you are afraid of a 30 min speech from the President of your country, I am sad for you.

PS - Mschif is still a plagiarizer

Anonymous said...

11:31 - PUKE

mzchief said...

To anonymous 12:27...
What part of my comments are outside the realm of reality? Rather than attempt to level personal attacks at me, make a cogent point and add something to the debate.

*********************************
To anonymous 12:39...
See comment to 12:27.

We get it, you and 12:27 do not like me and are too stupid to refrain from reading my comments.

Oh, since you are so curious. Hubby is home so I do not need the toys. Hey, do everyone a favour and take a few personal moments and knock yourself out using yours since you seemingly find sex toys to be a fix for a sour attitude.

Anonymous said...

To those who don't want their kids to hear the President speak to them about staying in school and taking responsibility for their learning:

I'm trying to walk a mile in your shoes.

I know you don't like this President. I did not like Pres. Bush. So I ask myself - Would I have objected to my child hearing a live speech in school on the same topic delivered by Pres. Bush?

No, not at all. It would not even be on my radar.

I can't understand this attitude. It's just bizarre.

Anonymous said...

I've gotta quit readin this blog!
I'm tired from jumping back &
forth over this fence. I give up trying to get along with everyone.
I just hope the stores don't run out of aluminum foil...

HeartStillinTexas said...

In 1988 Reagan gave a speech to school children and even included discussion taxes, guns,
In 1991 GH Bush gave a speech to school children.
A few democrats did complain at the time....but parents did not FEAR for their childrens Moral wellbeing. God forbid your children learn to hear a speech and evaluate it...be sure to spoon feed that conservative wack info....because they may grow up like me and NOT vote with their conservative parents!

Danny Boy said...

"I believe the derogatory comments about President Obama unfortunately demonstrate a vast prejudice and widespread bigotry in Wise County."

No shit Sherlock, way to be Captain Obvious. As if that needed to be stated. Every single living human being (100%) who can form their own semi-educated opinions has racism in them. Some use it selectively, most don't.

This was not only a speech to be delivered, but it had a lesson plan for the teachers and students. Schools are not obejecting, for the most part, to the speech, but the lesson plan. Some schools simply do not have the resources to pull this off.

Hey BG, starting to feel like Russia?

Anonymous said...

Didn't any of you parents go to curriculum night? There's no place in CSCOPE to be listening to the President! There's no handout for that!

I am no longer worried about the stadium turf...I'm now just shaking my head over this stupid curriculum the state has foisted on us.

If any school district had an ounce of cojones, they would scrap TAKS-focused and just teach. I bet the scores would be just the same.

Anonymous said...

The man has no sense.....that's why I don't want me kids near him or any of the words that come out of his mouth!

If he had one lick of sense he wouldn't have scheduled this speech for 12:00 ET - which is 11:00 central time. What school in America doesn't have a cafeteria full of kids eating at that time??? So yeah....I can see how Decatur, Bridgeport and every other school in America can say it would disrupt their school day to show it. Most school cafeterias start serving around 10:40 and go all the way past 1:00. HOW DO YOU SERVE LUNCH AROUND THAT SPEECH??

Oh wait....why not wheel in TV's and demand a silent lunch so all kids can hear it....come on!!

Anonymous said...

Breaker Breaker Mzchief this is 12:39...Gotcha! Now who's laughing out loud about getting your knickers in a wad!!! Touche!! As far as liking you, I don't even know you to dislike you...just like these bloggers don't know our President to be saying the things they do. Keep an open mind and just LISTEN once in a while...but i know that's outside the scope of Wise County. Maybe some change would be good for all of you...

Ernie said...

People are the worst...I'm going down to the river to do some noodling.

Anonymous said...

No matter what all you want to think. He is the president, and we should support him. I'm not saying believe in everything he speaks, or believes in, but support him as the leader of our great nation. I don't agree with all his beliefs, but if he wants to tell my kids to stay in school. Good for him. I do not think it is a public arena that he will utilize to try and "brainwash" the youth into believing his "socialist" views. See how I catered to both side, but maybe I should have said the N-word to encompass everyone.

Anonymous said...

He can't get the parents to listen to him, so he is going to have the schools force kids to...... How sad!!!

Anonymous said...

The bigotry, racisim expressed on this blog today not to mention the illogical, stupid, moronic.....illustrates the incredible uphill battle Wise Co teachers have ahead of them.

But teachers, God bless you, keep trying.......... these children probably will not live/work in this cesspool the rest of their lives and you might just spare one of them future embarassment.

If you keep just one from replicating its parent, you are a miracle worker.

Anonymous said...

You liberals are right...I don't want the half black president talking to my half black granddaughter because he's half black.

I don't support Obama because he doesn't like America and I do.

Anonymous said...

Come on 200 post. I want to see the masses join in. We can do it!

mzchief said...

To anonymous 1:59...
I have no idea who/what "Breaker,Breaker" is but you can rest assured, YOU did not twist my knickers. Keep in mind, YOU are the one who first, negatively, addressed me. I merely responded to your hissy fit about me. Take your own advice and adjust your 'tude with your sex toys.

*StillLOL@U*

Anonymous said...

Ya broke 100 comments. Nice firebomb Bubear....

Double Fake Ray Bradbury

Anonymous said...

We need a cuddle party.

mzchief said...

To anonymous 2:07...
No doubt, you gave that same spiel calling for support, tolerance and unity while Bush was POTUS, riiiiiight.

Personally, there has not been a POTUS deserving of the loyalty and support, of thinking people, during my lifetime. The last POTUS who, rightfully, deserved support and trust was Eisenhower.

Anonymous said...

For the record, I consider myself a Republican. I have voted that way in every pres. election since 1980. My one sin, if you can call it that, was writing a fan letter to JFK, but I was only six at the time.
My problem is this: all you radical right wingers are wearing my a$$ out! STOP IT! Do you realize that all this nonsense you are spewing is making you sound like all the left wingers who bagged on Bush for eight years?
You're making all us sane, normal folks look bad, because we get painted with the same broad brush. You know the one - redneck, cousin marrying, NASCAR, guntotin', beer swilling, Bible thumping, RACISTS!
He's the president, get over it. There's nothing you can do about that. At worst, your little loved one will be impressed seeing the prez on TV and write him a letter. It's not going to turn them into socialist drones. (see paragraph above) And you left wingers are equally to blame, so don't act so smug.
Mr. Honcho is right in that you shouldn't have anything to worry about if you believe you have raised your kids properly, they will make the right decisions. I have to agree with what he said, he got the idea for that post from me. And he didn't even cite me as a source, that &@#$ plagiaristic plagiarizer! (Note to mzchif: that is what's known in these parts as humor [Sorry, I'll translate that into uppity for you: humour])

Triple Fake Tired Head from all the BS

Ernie is right - people are the worst. Let's go noodling

Anonymous said...

If, just one year ago, a school system refused to air a broadcast to our nation's youth by then President Bush or if a parent refused to allow their child to listen to such a broadcast, we would be hearing screams of "Anti-American!", "Liberal!", and the like. It is a disgrace that some refuse to honor our nation's highest office. I will be the first to say that I never voted for the 2nd Bush, I rarely agreed with anything he did, and I celebrated the day his 2nd term came to an end. But I always listened to the man. He was the one we elected to be the leader of our country, and as such, I gave him the respect he deserves...and still do.

What has President Obama done but represent his office with class and dignity and work harder in eight months than President Bush did his entire first term? Where does the hatred come from and where will it end? Is it because he's black? Is it because his middle name is Hussein? WHO CARES?? Do you REALLY think that because the man wants to institute a public health care system as an OPTION to what is already in place to assist those who cannot afford healthcare that he's got a Socialist agenda? PLEASE!! Give me a break. This country has utilized a mixed market system since the Great Depression. There are a number of services our government offers its people (law enforcement, road construction and maintenance, banking insurance, the list goes on and on). Hell, the government offers healthcare now!! Why on earth is this really such a big deal? I can only believe that the people who are stirred up and angry are motivated by other reasons than the facts. They are angry because they have someone with skin color other than their own in charge. They are angry because they are afraid. They are angry because they are ignorant.

Mr. Obama, since my kids will not be able to watch your speech to them in our school system (because they don't have the guts to do what is right), I will be sure they watch it in our household. And if your name had been Bush, Gonzales, Chang or any other, the same would be true.

Anonymous said...

An elderly man protesting health care reform had his finger bitten off in a scuffle at a rally near Los Angeles Wednesday, according to a report.

KTLA-TV reported that the violence happened at the scene of two dueling health care demonstrations -- one in favor of health care reform sponsored by MoveOn.org, and a counter-rally of protesters against health care reform.

According to one account, a man was wading through the counter-protest to get to the MoveOn side, when the 65 year old confronted and hit him. In response, the man who was hit, identified by one witness as "pro-reform," bit off the other man's finger. Neither person was identified.

According to KTLA-TV, the elderly man took his detached finger to a local hospital for medical attention.

Reformers scare me!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Way to kill off a Random Thoughts thread there, BG
RIP Random Friday Morning Thoughts! We hardly knew ya. So young, taken away in its early 20s

Try to make up for it with a really wicked Afternoon Pick Me Up. That lame attempt with BritBrit doesn't count, especially since it was posted in the AM

Anonymous said...

1:29 Reagan and Bush were not trying to tear down everything America stands for, that is the difference.

Obama is simply a rock star president pushing his idealist agenga. He really doesn't care what is good for this country, he only cares about his legacy. I think planting the idealogical seed early with children is part of that agenda.

Anonymous said...

3:05 you're an idiot. I am sure you were educated in Wise County though.

Anonymous said...

Well said 2:47

*******************************

MzChief...do I read a british accent in your blogs?

As far as a "sex toy" for me, been there done that...maybe you should try it and spice up your love life a little so you won't have so much time belittling everybody else on the blog...you are very annoying...and no you don't "get my knickers in a wad" at all...I'm still LLMF right back @ U....

Anonymous said...

Back in the U.S.S.R.

Anonymous said...

You don't know how lucky you are.

Anonymous said...

3:19 MzChief DEF is not British. If she were, she would not be so closed minded always talking about herself.

Anonymous said...

Good decision by Decatur ISD. They are following the lead from Bridgeport by publishing a link once it it over.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE OBAMA!!!

Anonymous said...

3:05 - You said:
"Obama is simply a rock star president pushing his idealist agenga. He really doesn't care what is good for this country, he only cares about his legacy."

Tell me, how could you possibly know that? Did our President call you and share that with you?

And by the way, what is an "idealist" agenda? Is it bad? Is being an idealist bad?

Anonymous said...

Bigotry has raised its head in Wise County in a BIG way. The right does not show any respect to our politicians all the way to the president (unless they are republican). We have gone back to the day when Bill Clinton was elected president. From the very beginning the republicans tried to hang him and kept it up the whole timehe was president. How much did that cost us? They do not say a whole lot about Nixon and Watergate. If you travel to other areas of this great country you will see a whole different attitude. I would really like to see all of us work together instead of worrying about liberal or conservative.

Anonymous said...

11:56am I am sure the administration would be happy to get rid of the pep rallies on fridays or have them before or after school because it is disruptive to have to adjust to the pep rally schedule all day. They keep the pep rallies because the kids want them. It is one of the few traditions that the students have been able to hang on to. When I went to high school the band marched down the hall and we followed them to the gym in mass. Fun times! Now things are much more orderly...it is a shame but at least they still have them:)

Anonymous said...

Has anyone checked the Bridgeport, Northwest, and Paradise ISD's web sites to see what they are doing with the President's speech? Wouldn't it be interesting is everyone decided to follow the decision of Decatur ISD on this topic?

Anonymous said...

Anyone know if Boyd has decided what they are going to do yet? And MZChief, I am with you 100%. If anything, I think parents should have a choice if our children watch this. The same way I had to approve the boys/girls growing up VDO, is the same way I should approve this.

Anonymous said...

Boy....

Back in the US....

Back in the US....

Back in the USSR.....

Double Fake Paul, John, George and Mingo

(intentional reference to Mingo, from Blazing Saddles)

Anonymous said...

3:37pm You mean Bridgeport follows Decatur's lead as of 8:43
this morning...Decatur was the only school who the decision posted....just sayin

Anonymous said...

Can some bean counter give me some stats on the comments on this particular topic......I don't have the time or stomach to muddle through it, since it's already at 139+........I'll settle for four categories:

1.Let's listen before we judge - oh wait, we won't be able to listen in DISD;

2. Good job, DISD - if you hadn't made that decision, I would be keeping my kids out of school that day;

3. I could give a flying f^ck what Decatur ISD does. Wise County consists of a bunch of racist rednecks, and the other sane ones are wishing they never moved here;

4. When I see multiple postings by MzCreep, (or Wordbyle or Denney Crane or R&R for that matter),I don't bother.

Anonymous said...

agenga....

Is that like Jenga?

Doublga Fakga Parker Brothers

Double Fake Margaret White said...

"They're all gonna laugh at you" Wise County..........paraphrased, of course.

Anonymous said...

Seriously? How many of you would be up in arms if we said NO MORE PEP RALLIES?

How can you bring up pep rallies or even turf? Gosh, let it go!

Anonymous said...

12:43 - that's the best post yet!

mzchief said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I am fairly sure all of the Anon liberal postings on this thread are by the same whack job.

Obama must have blog minions designated to post nonsense.

Still America... so far. If folks do not want the speech in the schools, so be it. Anyone can watch it at another time.

Just by his spending, Obama is ruining this country. We cannot pay the debt he is accumulating.

It is an Obama-ination.

Anonymous said...

So your husband tries to stay away from you most of the time, MzCreep?

I know I would if I were him.

Anonymous said...

There is always positive if you look at it. If Obama does nothing but inspire young children to do well in school then he has accomplished a lot. My children go to Decatur and you better believe they will watch his message at home. He did not get where he is without working very hard. Hopefully, children will see in his message what you can do if you will just work hard and try.

Anonymous said...

The President said:

"I'm going to be making a big speech to young people all across the country about the importance of education; about the importance of staying in school; how we want to improve our education system and why it’s so important for the country. So I hope everybody tunes in."

Anonymous said...

The
Pen is
Mightier

Anonymous said...

To all the Right Wings out there who think Obama is "pushing an agenda", you're right, He IS pushing an agenda: Stay in School and get an education.

Are you against that because you're afraid your educated child will become liberal, which tends to happen as one becomes more educated. Look it up.

mzchief said...

Typo repair kit
love = lose

Thank you for the e-mail, Roxx.

Anonymous said...

Come on everyone! Let's pour a little more hatred into this blog and maybe we can have 200 comments by the end of the day!
It reminds me of Ghostbusters 2 when all of the hate was under the city of New York and they had to come together.

Anonymous said...

That's what she said.

Anonymous said...

Mzchief....

My wife's "BFF" is Thumper....

Should I be concerned?

Double Fake Sweet Gerkin...if you get my drift

mzchief said...

To DF Sweet Gerkin...
*LOL*
You have nothing to worry about unless she named her iVibe Rabbit, Thumper.

I did get your drift...*StillGiGGLiNG*

Anonymous said...

Lord help us if Mzknowitall runs for public office. I am proud to have an American black president but I don't know about one with a frickin british accent. something's just not right about that. Why don't you go back to england and preach to all those dreaded snotty nosed people who think living in cold and fog year end is cool!!! Help me, the British are coming...the British are coming! YIKES!!! Oh yea, I do like Tony Blair...maybe he will listen to you.

Anonymous said...

mzchief
How old are you if you don't mind telling and do you live in Wise county?

Anonymous said...

Im wondering if this raises a constitutional issue....If the school has interrupted instructions for other "stay in school" messages given by other people, isnt it a viewpoint based (and therefore unconstitutional) restriction for them to deny the broadcast of Obamas speech? Barry?

Anonymous said...

It seems to me parents are not bent out of shape over the speech, but the silly class room plan sent down from the Dept. of Education about trying to encourage a personal relationship with the President. Students don't have personal relationship with the President but do have with their parents, teachers, coaches, mentors. Kids say the plege of allegiance to the US Flag, not to whomever occupies the White House. We are a Republic and Obama is not the King.

No one thinks the class room will break out in chanting poems about Obama, but it is just weird to have grade school children write letters to themselves or come up with how the President can inspire them. Good grief, who inspires a first grader anyway.

mzchief said...

To anonymous 6:38...
Though I have never had anyone complain about my accent, I have no interest in ever again seeking public office. I have no interest in living in a country screwed up by socialist programs which is why I do not live in the UK and am against Obamacare. If you honestly believe the people who brought the world; Mr. Bean, Monty Python, Benny Hill, Red Dwarf, Fawlty Towers and the like are "snotty nosed" you are devoid of a sense of humour.

I absolutely love Tony Blair. When Bush and Blair would hold a joint press conference I would cross my fingers and pray to God that "W" would keep his mouth shut and just let PM Blair speak. Of course, "W" always had to open his mouth and sounded all the more doltish after Blair, was eloquent and intelligent in his extemporaneous answers to the questions asked by the press.

*******************************
To anonymous 6:40...
I never tell my age but will give you a hint...I am as old as my tongue and nearly a decade older than my teeth.

Hubby and I have a home in, both, Colorado and Wise County. Due to my devotion to an elderly friend, in WC, whose life is drawing to a close, after having valiantly fought the ravages of cancer for nearly 2 years, I have elected to remain in TX for the past 16 months rather than spend much time in CO. However, the WC house is on the market.

Anonymous said...

4:20, glad you cleared that up at the end. Thought it was Mingo from Daniel Boone. AKA Ed Ames.

Anonymous said...

5:43, MrChief is probably one beat down sucka.

Anonymous said...

Let me put it in words most of you will understand.

BUCK OFAMA!

Anonymous said...

September 8 should be declared one of those teacher's workdays and no kids be in school to send obama a message that we hate him. Straight from Wise County, Texas. We don't need no stink'n president obama in our classroom!

Anonymous said...

6:32...

No...no...

She calls the rabbit....."Mandigo".

Double Fake Thomas Jefferson

Anonymous said...

Mzchief:

You have made it clear that paying for expensive health care is not an issue for you and that if we were to receive a "public option" for the citizens who can't afford the big insurance companies' premiums that would make Obama a socialist. I own only one home and struggle every month to make sure all my bills are paid. Let me tell you a story...I am a single mother (after 20 years of marriage) and have a great job. However, my employer is not a big corporation and cannot afford to provide health care for his office; you probably would say to get a second job so I can afford the high dollar health insurance; well, I do have a second job and it involves coming home after a long day at work and taking care of my mother who has dimentia. Thank God for medicare (government provided) or I would not be able to afford medical assistance for my mother...if the U.S. would offer health care for all of us, I would be in a much better situation. I haven't had a full scale physical exam in years, I can only afford to go to the dr. when I have an infection or a cold...I have numerous ailments that need attention, but because I am at the border line of making too much $ with a job, but yet too much to qualify for medicaid, I am find myself at a stand still. I have a daughter who lives at home with me; fortunately her father has her on his health plan. I need to stay healthy so I can continue to provide for my dear mother and make her as comfortable as possible in her final years. So all of you that have health care, feel blessed...there are millions of us Americans that don't have it and can't afford it. I have worked my entire life and have paid taxes and feel my taxes could pay for some genuine health insurance. I know I am rambling, but unless you have walked in my shoes and come home to what I do every night, don't be so quick to judge. I know a lot of people who would opt to place their senior parents into a nursing home, but I am bound and determined not to have to do that. My mother provided me for so many years, now it is my turn to take care of her. God I pray for our government to pass this health care reform for me and for so many others like me...Amen

Anonymous said...

7:48

No problem....I'm 4:20 friendly....so to speak....

Double Fake Smoke on the Water

Anonymous said...

BG, why don't you either turn comments OFF or just approve everything. I've posted SEVERAL HATEFUL things against Mzchief that you keep blocking.

Anonymous said...

I just spent 25 minutes reading all the comments, and I have come to one conclusion:
The funniest comment of the day was made at 11:05 by Washington.
The random timing on it was perfect, and I bet most the people on here did not even get it.
ONLY 3.5 out! ! ! !

Anonymous said...

Screw the KING! If he cares about our children so much, then why does he continue to allow his brother to live in a hut in Africa. Thanks DISD this is the smartest decision you have made in years.

PS--If you want to televise something historic for a children. Televise the march on Washington Sept 12. The beginning of the revolution.

HangmaN said...

heres a little lesson for all
O=ONE
B=BIG
A=ASS
M=MISTAKE
A=AMERICA
OUR HEALTH CARE SYSTEM IS NOT PERFECT BUT OBAMA IS NOT THE ANSWER TO FIX IT

Anonymous said...

Gee, I wish my worldview were such that everything boiled down to 2-3 issues, and EVERYTHING everyone else did was an attack against one of the 'core' issues in my life.

Doodz, I went to Decatur High School, when I was there in the early nineties, we watched "Channel One" every day in middle school and high school in a stupid class they have called "study hall". Hopefully they don't have that class anymore, and so there is no venue to show stupid promo videos to kids. If they still have a "study hall" then I don't understand why they don't show the stupid promo videos because children shouldn't be forced to waste an hour 'studying' out of the few hours they are supposed to be being "instructed." Unless they decided that showing stupid kids giving stupid news to stupid kids was just plain stupid. I"m cool with it if they decided study hall was a dumb idea, and the video would have interrupted actual class time, so they didn't show it.

Course, by that time I was already well versed in logging into Compuserve (9600 baud beaches), and then discovering new dialup numbers, and then finding out about the world for myself.

Who else remembers when the internet was black and white?

-Semi-Fake Cult of the Dead Cow

jim said...

Chico isn't showing it either. That gives u Chico, Bport, and the blue bloods confirmed out. Anymore?

Anonymous said...

Wow sounds like a lot of bad parenting going on in wise county. Their kids can't even be exposed to a speech by the POTUS cause there so easily swayed they may change their beliefs. Can't wait till they are adults and can't think for themselves. This same people don't have a clue what their kids watch on tv or veiw on the internet. If you kid can be influenced this easy they don't stand a chance against drugs! Just something else for the right wingers to make a big deal about! Whiny white folks at their best! DISD should be ashamed.

Anonymous said...

What is objectionable, what is dangerous, about extremists is not that they are extreme, but that they are intolerant. The evil is not what they say about their cause, but what they say about their opponents.
-Robert F Kennedy

Anonymous said...

I love how everyone is pulling out the "I pledge to be of service to Barack Obama" from a lengthy video spot - it is sort of like men who throw around "Wives submit to your own husbands..." bit while completely ignoring the part that says "Husbands, love your wives, as Christ loved the church..."

You are missing the big picture of the spot - they are not "pledging to Obama" - they are pledging to better themselves in hope that they make the US (and the world) a better place.

Is this Hollywood propaganda? Sure it is. Hollywood fluff - you bet. Did Obama ask everyone to pledge themselves to him - nope. This was an independent project.

Here is the transcript:

"I pledge to help end hunger in America by supporting feeding America, and our local food bank.
I pledge to smile more. To laugh more. To love more.
I pledge to volunteer more of my time to help children battle serious illnesses
I pledge to be a great mother – to be a great father
to continue working with Unicef to make this world a better place for all of our children
to be the voice for those that have no voice.
I pledge to consider myself an American, not an African American.
To always represent my country with pride, dignity, and honesty.
I pledge to go to USA service dot org
and find a service project that I am passionate about.
I pledge allegiance to the funk to the united funk of funkadelika.
to never give anyone the finger when driving again
to always find the humor in everything
to help find a cure for Alzheimer
to care for America’s elderly
to make sure seniors have access to health care
so that our next generations memories will not be forgotten
to bring awareness to mental disease
do advance stem cell research
spread the awareness of autism
To show more love to strangers, to greet my neighbors, find out their names, going to give them a smile
(Tatyana Ali) and ask them how I can be of service to them
to be a better mentor to my younger sisters, to continue to be a mentor to big brothers and big sisters.
to reduce my use of plastic by starting with using less bottled water
to plant 500 trees this year to help our planet
to be more green
to no longer use the plastic bag at the grocery store
to consume less and cultivate more
so that we are on this planet forever
for the environment I promise to flush only after deuce, never after a single
I pledge to turn the lights off because I use to leave the lights on but we want to conserve energy so I’m going to turn the lights off… you turn the lights off.
To sell my obnoxious car and buy a hybrid
to drive slower and not use as much gas
to volunteer my time to express the importance of arts education in our schools
to sell a culture of intelligence instead of ignorance.
To help children understand that just because they come from a small place doesn’t mean they can’t dream big.
To work to make good to end the 200 year old promise to end slavery
the abolition of 21st century slavery
to free 1 million people from slavery in the next five years
to fight, to become aware, to educate, to not give up, to defend, issues that I care about
I pledge to be of service to Barack Obama
to change how I live, to be a better person, to never stop learning and growing each and every day.to commit to my own change before I ask others to change
to be the change
to integrate into my heart what I already know in my head which is that we’re all in this together
imagine what could happen next."

Anonymous said...

Well I just got home from a 14 hour workday to find this melee to have occurred in my abscence. Wait, why the hell did i work 14 hours? Oh, I think it was because I want more than i have now and that's how I plan to get it. I'm pretty sure that's how wealth used to be built before the days of re-distribution.

A lot of crap being thrown out there about racism. Here's my take:

I don't want to associate with blacks because when I have, I have seen very clearly that they are different than me (I). Most of them don't want to associate with me for the same reason, yet I am the only one accused of racism.

Now I don't like much of what Obama stands for, so I am racist? Wait, most blacks never agreed with George Bush but were never accused of being racist.

The point is that freedom is all encompassing, or it is just an illusory buzz word. You can't force me to accept people and ideas I disagree with and then insist that I am free. It just doesn't work that way.

I will raise my kids the way I see fit, whether you like it or not. I expect the school system to teach them the three R's and making them good citizens is my job.

Anonymous said...

The country would be in turmoil if it was run by the idiots on this blog.
The same people that hate Obama and his change are the same type of people who were against blacks and women becoming "equals."

WAKE UP WISE COUNTY AND RURAL TEXAS! AMERICA IS MOVING FORWARD AND YOU ARE STUCK IN REVERSE!

Mzchief said...

The eyes of Texas are upon you,
All the live long day.
The eyes of Texas are upon you,
You cannot get away.
Do not think you can escape them,
At night, or early in the morn'.
The eyes of Texas are upon you,
Till Gabriel blows his horn!

Anonymous said...

OKAY, HERE IT IS:
A RISING TIDE, RAISES ALL BOATS.

IF WE DON'T WORK TO HELP THOSE LESS FORTUNATE THAN US, THEN THEY WILL TURN TO CRIME TO SURVIVE, THEN YOU'LL BE BEGGING FOR REDISTRIBUTION AGAIN.

Anonymous said...

Hey, Nancy Reagan told our kids to "just say no!" We all know that whatever the president or the president's wife says will forever affect your kid - NOT!

Anonymous said...

BG!

We're almost at 200!

I say you cut if off there.

Anonymous said...

9:03AM you were soooooo wrong!

Anonymous said...

If you removed the top 10% of blacks from the country, we would be better off. If you removed the top 10% of whites from the country, we would be worse off.

If you removed the bottom 10% of blacks from the country, we would be better off. If you removed the bottom 10%of whites from the country, we would be better off.

Take those percentages to 50 and study what happens.

This is like one of those word problems from 8th grade math. There will be a quiz about it tomorrow.

Half-Baked unapologetic racist guy

Anonymous said...

WAKE UP 9:28 YOUR HEAD IS STUCK UP A COMMUNIST NIGGER'S ASS AND HE IS THE ONE WHO IS IN REVERSE.

p.s.- this doesn't turn out well at all. check your history books

Anonymous said...

You probably didn't make much money today, eh BG?

Anonymous said...

Child: Mommy, daddy! President Obama was on TV and he said ________.

Parent: That's fine honey, but we believe _________.


Crisis averted.

Anonymous said...

mzchief.........just say, 'NO I don't tell my age' and call it a day! Your cutsy answer kinda made me gag........like 'Hubby' does.

Most rich Republicans don't care about the less fortunate of the world.......only that the government is getting into their pockets!

Mr. Mike Honcho said...

MR. Triple Fake... Touche!!! You are absolutely correct, I did not give you credit for what you said during our lunch today, (but I did say I was going to go and post it on the blog... so I gave ya warning.)

For all those on teh ol Blog... Mr. Triple Fake is one extrememly righteous dude that I am please to call my racing buddy. SHAKE AND BAKE bro!

PS - Mzchif is a REAL plagiarizer.

PSS - doube what triple fake said for me. The nuts on the far right wing are just as bad as the nuts on the far left wing. Can't stand either group. (Yes, that means you, dittoheads)

Anonymous said...

DISD is a socialist institution. I love the accidental irony underscoring all this pearl-clutching and belly-achin'.

It's so cute, especially now that I live far away and can laugh. Small town minds. Aw, my hometown.

(Barry, can I just tell you I'm a HUGE fan? I'm taking you to lunch next time I'm in town! You'll love me. I'm hot.)

Anonymous said...

Good night ! I am worn out after reading 180 comments. ...yet my I opinion remains unchanged. Kuddos to DISD for leaving control in the hands of the parents!

Anonymous said...

GOOD GOD, are they done now?

Anonymous said...

9:28:

Do you ever go to bed? Once again, Obama's approval rating is below 50%.

Just for your knowledge, that 50% thing would be roughly half.

So obviously, (Obvious for everyone except you), most of the country agrees with Wise Co. Not sure if that is good or bad, but it is a fact.

So, go back to your masters, and tell them the nasty little Saul Alinsky blog posts are not working for you.

Anonymous said...

8:31

You outlined a number of decisions you have made in your life, that has led you to not being able to pay for health insurance.

I am sure you find all of the decisions you made to be well thought out.

But something does not click. You say you have a great job, and cannot afford health insurance.

Well, our family has a only one income, a teacher's salary. And we do fine. Rather than spend money on things we do not need, we spend it on the important things.

If you will post your budget, and income, I can probably show you where to cut, so that you can afford health insurance.

Anonymous said...

Alvord is not showing the speech either. Thank God!

Anonymous said...

Does comment #200 win a little stuffed toy or something?

Anonymous said...

6:07 God has nothing to do with Alvord not showing that video. God wants us to love each other, remember?

Anonymous said...

200!!!!

Make it rain!!!

Double Fake Pacman Jones

«Oldest ‹Older   1 – 200 of 213   Newer› Newest»