- Sad news yesterday that Phil Mickelson's wife has breast cancer. It was certainly happier times last year when he won Colonial as a drunk guy jumped into the water hazard in the background.
- I fear the cancer.
- I've been reading a book on the religious aspect of suffering and if it really makes any sense.
- I haven't watched one second of American Idol. (Except for the girl in the bikini during the tryout stage), but you can't get away from hearing about the huge "upset" last night. My knee jerk reaction: AI fixed the results to generate publicity for its sagging ratings. Yep, I'm serious about that.
- And my brother believes that any sporting playoff event that goes to a Game 7 is fixed.
- We may both be crazy.
- There's a home in my neighborhood that has a temporary sign in its lawn that reads, "Voting Entrance In Back." I have no idea what that means.
- It's kind of fun to read police reports for the first time since you get to learn if the cop's version of the events matches what your client told you.
- I jumped back into an S&P 500 Mutual Fund yesterday. Obama, baby needs new shoes!
- Last night I dreamed/dreamt that I met my high school girlfriend for a date in Fort Worth and she surprised me by bringing her newborn baby. Then we tried to find a sitter by just walking around. Fail.
- Shameless plug: I'm slowly getting the bugs worked out of the Wise County Free Classifieds.
- The huge video screen at the new Cowboys' stadium will be fired up today for the media. Fox 4 showed it this morning with only a "test pattern" on it and it looks amazing.
- I'm no longer buying a daily copy of the Dallas Morning News. Quality down. Price up. Me apathetic.
- If I spend more that 30 minutes on the phone per month on non-business conversations, there's something wrong. I simply do not talk on the phone for fun.
- All the celebrity web sites have Hayden Panettiere bikini pictures over last two days as she vacations on a yacht. I just couldn't link to it because I knew you guys would barbecue me.
- Have you ever seen the fake Tiger Woods yacht?
- A Wise County elected official sent me an email yesterday and signed it "Double Fake . . . . "
at 8:01 AM