- One motorcycle death over the weekend in Fort Worth (but now I can't find the link.)
- Mexico's wheels are quickly following off. There was a prison invasion this weekend that resulted in the escape of 53 inmates.
- Also this weekend: Some guy shot his ex-girlfriend in a convenience store in the Como area of Fort Worth. Fox 4 showed the video of him chasing her through the store (but cut it off at that point for obvious reason.) Oddly, police are not releasing his name (he got away) but have released the deceased's name.
- This is the complete text of a story on Fox 4 this morning: "Walmart is going after customers that used to shop at Circuit City. The retail giant is revamping its electronics department. Expect to see more selections including items that were top sellers at Circuit City." Was that a commercial buried as a news story?
- Baylor great Mike Singletary gave a stirring "benediction" on Saturday but didn't say a prayer.
- Since it wasn't my jog day, I walked my five mile jogging course instead of running it yesterday. I think that was more tiring than running it.
- I learned that you can't be a date to the Decatur prom unless you or a Junior or a Senior and attend Decatur ISD.
- The world looks different after a rainy day (like Saturday) followed by a sunny day (like yesterday.)
- WFAA has shut down comments.
- WBAP's Hal Jay said this morning that he had never heard of "You Can Leave Your Hat On' for 9 1/2 Weeks.
- I've downloaded Lord of the Flies and I'm about two hours into it. I may be a literary idiot but what is so great about it?
- From the Ticket this morning regarding the King Tut exhibit in Dallas: If it had a big screen playing Steve Martin's video of the same name, there would be more people gathered around it than the artifacts.
- I think we're trying to kill Farrah Fawcett off.
- I opened my front door for a while this weekend to air the house out. I ended up having to chase out a cat.
- Channel 5's Mike Synder may be on his way out. Stay classy, San Diego.
at 8:15 AM