- Three day weekends are a-good.
- I don't think most people understand the concept of "insurance" when it comes to medical/dental. It does not mean that every year you should receive more benefits than you pay for. That's not insurance at all.
- Eighty percent of the students at UT are admitted under the "Top Ten Percent" rule.
- In the South, "UT" refers to the University of Tennessee.
- I finished higher in my class at Baylor Law School than I did at Bridgeport High School.
- Huge power down feeling yesterday as I heard a ton of people talking about American Idol.
- The Cowboys might be getting rid of Greg Ellis. Good riddance. That guy has been whining about his contract(s) for 10 years.
- Hot tennis player to have breast reduction surgery. And just when my day was starting out OK.
- I've never been to a garage sale.
- There was a DWI trial in Wise County with some out of town defense lawyer. I heard the case involved a gal who left Bone Daddy's in Grapevine to go to her home in the same city but ended up in Wise County. Last I heard, the jury was deliberating yesterday evening.
- I keep my eyes shut for most of the time while getting a haircut.
- I think I should have kept my eyes open yesterday. She treated me like I was a sheep getting sheared.
- Why would anyone buy anything from a company that uses spam email with a misleading subject line?
- The high tone blogger Anobiter is in Ireland this week on one of her many vacations a year. She tweeted about five hours ago that she was "Going to have some great crack tonight at a group pub outing." I have no idea what that means.
- The uncertainty about the future of GM certainly can't be helping current car sales.
- I've got some friends that meet once a week for an early breakfast at a restaurant north of Decatur. I think that would be a beating.
- I've heard more out of Dick Cheney in the last month than I ever did during his 8 years as VP. Note to Cheney: You're not in office any more.
- Motorcycle wreck on LBJ in Dallas this morning at around 7:15 a.m. (Radio report.)
- I saw what looked like a pretty nice BMW on fire on the shoulder of I-30 yesterday in Fort Worth. And I mean it was flaming as the presumed owner watched from behind.
- Think that guy wants a do over?
- Then I looked up and had to avoid a metal stool bouncing on the highway that had just fallen out of a truck bed.
- My cat-like reflexes kept me out of danger.
The lake: The beach:
at 8:10 AM