- We've now got a "Border Czar." Note: If your job description has "Czar" in it, odds are you're in charge of a problem that can't be solved.
- Last week I mentioned I wasn't sold on the Rangers after their 3-0 start and now they've lost five straight. (I've got a friend that claims I have the ability to jinx any team.)
- I like the terms "minx" and "vixen."
- I like the Star-Telegram's Bud Kennedy but he's going to catch grief for writing today that "State's Rights" is "a quaint throwback to the segregation era."
- Does every media outlet have to play "Tax Man" by the Beatles today?
- Saw a longtime female defendant up at the courthouse yesterday who looked a little chunky. Courthouse personnel conclusion: She must finally be off the dope.
- Shocked to hear that a 30 year employee at the courthouse in the maintenance department was let go. There has to be a story behind that.
- I think I've filed a tax extension on this day every year of my working life.
- I'm never interested in celebrity divorces.
- Someone yelled at me in the comments last week because I revealed the ending of a documentary. At first I thought it was a silly criticism -- should I not be able to reveal the ending of a documentary, say, about the Civil War? -- but if you don't know, you don't know.
- I don't know who Michael Irvin's partner is on his radio show, but that guy is the most annoying person ever.
- I'm currently reading Jesus, Interrupted. Fascinating.
- I really don't listen to that much music, but I can't avoid that "Poker Face" song.
- Dear My Dentist In Bridgeport: I've got a developing situation. Please work me into your schedule today when I call.
- The Cowboys released their schedule yesterday so I started thinking about planning one of my football road trips. In November Dallas plays at Green Bay and the day before Michigan plays at the University of Wisconsin. That would work.
- Blogging flashback: You think this guy is regretting buying two high priced condos in Dallas?
at 8:07 AM