- There's a new Clint Eastwood movie where the trailer has him saying, "Get off my lawn." And they say the magic of movies is gone.
- Watched a bit of ABC Primetime last night where they hired a couple of actors to walk around Paris as "ugly Americans." You know, obnoxious simpletons (They would order "freedom fries" and ask "ya got any American beer?" at fancy bistros). And the guy had on a backward baseball cap and a Tony Romo jersey. The wife wore a "Paris, Texas" t-shirt. Verdict: Surprisingly funny.
- I stopped down this morning to listen to Pearl Jam's "Jeremy". Never gets old.
- The new movie about the mall security officer looks horrible. Maybe it's a kid's movie.
- America's Funniest Home Videos had an entire segment the other night dedicated to guys getting hit in the groin. If you saw the movie Idiocracy, your smiling right now.
- Awful news last night about the Dallas officer that was shot and killed. But could the local TV stations find a better picture of him?
- And Dallas Police Chief David Kunkle had a very odd statement at last night's press conference when he described how the fallen officer met his wife (also a police officer). The deceased was working at the Dallas County Jail when his eventual wife came in. "Norm was working there, and he came up to her and said, 'You're the most beautiful woman I've ever seen.' " In retrospect, I guess that's sweet. But if that happened today at the Wise County Jail, someone would have a complaint filed against them.
- Saw two women out jogging this morning in two separate locations. That motivation kind of jazzes me.
- You would have thought Israel would have backed off beating Hamas to death by now.
- I think anyone who thinks Sarah Palin will be a legitimate contender for the GOP nomination next time is out of his mind.
- My law partner climbed around on our roof yesterday trying to fix a leak. I stayed on the ground and told him he was doing a fine job.
- I mentioned "No Reservations" with Anthony Bourdain a couple of weeks ago and since then someone at the show has sent me two personalized emails thanking me (even mentioned Liberally Lean by name) and asking me to promote the new season.
- I just saw an obituary in the Texas Bar Journal for "John Radney Foster", 77, who leaves behind a son, "Radney Foster." I wonder.
- Funny viral link from yesterday: A guy got caught dangling upside down a chairlift at a ski resort yesterday which left him, well, exposed.
- I hope the new Messenger owner (see below) has a sense of humor.
- Obama, Bush #1, Bush #2, Clinton, and Carter will all eat dinner today at the White House. I'm looking forward to that photo.
at 9:58 PM