- I've always thought the X-Games were silly, but I'm going to have to come up with a better description after the death of the guy from Krum who suffered injuries in a snowmobile event.
- The unemployment rate has ticked up to 7.9%! Presidential election conspiracy! Presidential election conspiracy!
- Dallas DA Craig Watkins said on the radio this morning that his office would match the $30,000 reward offered for the killer(s) of the Kaufman County prosecutor, and that the money would come out of seizure funds. Is that legal?
- I was in a Wise County Courthouse Security meeting over fifteen years ago, and I promise I made the statement that guards at the doors or metal detectors wouldn't protect me because I walk from the same parking spot to the same door at 8:15 a.m. every morning.
- Clint Eastwood did the Republicans no favors at the National Convention but his daughter is a "Hey, Now."
- I used the word "boycott" at the dinner table last night prompting one family member to think it involved something about a boy and a cot.
- There was quite the scene up at the Wise County Courthouse yesterday. After next week's trial, I'll explain.
- It's the 10 year anniversary of the Columbia shuttle disintegrating over Texas. I've mentioned this before, but that morning I got up and turned on the TV news but the screen showed nothing more than a camera pointed at the sky with a reporter saying things like, "Some have said they saw streams of what looked like a glistening light." I swear for 30 seconds I starred at the screen and thought there had been a bizarre UFO sighting.
- Even without knowing the back story, this apology a couple of days ago is funny: "''The derogatory comments I made yesterday were a reflection of thoughts in my head, but they are not how I feel.''
- A malfunctioning button on the TV remote control drives me nuts.
- I've known lots of criminal defendants who gripe about how slow their case drags through the system only to want to slam the brakes on it once the case is actually set for trial.
- I've mentioned before it's absolutely legal to carry a rifle or shotgun down a public street and a group of gun advocates did just that yesterday in the Stockyards.
at 8:39 AM