- We saw Zero Dark Thirty this weekend. Review will be forthcoming, and I'm definitely in the minority on this flik.
- Any suggestions about the Florida beaches in the Panhandle?
- There was a time in my life that dogs really did disgust me. Now I kind of want one around me at all times.
- We were watching some awards show last night, and I tried to shut down the house (unsuccessfully) because the great and white haired Dick Van Dyke was receiving a lifetime achievement award. Afterwards, Mrs. LL said, "I can't believe they didn't show any of the clips from him in the Naked Gun movies." It might have been the most awkward household moment ever.
- Former WBAP host Mark Davis is becoming a borderline religious zealot nut.
- A bat attacked a college basketball game this weekend.
- The lack of football began to sink in this weekend. Not that I'd watch it if it were on, but I just like to have the option.
- The Brazilian nightclub fire fire that killed at least 238 people was horrific. (Irrelevant Side Note: All club-goers that got out seemed to not have shirts on.)
- I've heard that in north Fort Worth a former huge grocery store is being converted into a "satellite church" for crazy pastor Ed Young's Fellowship Church. That means he'll be broadcast on a screen. Idiocracy.
- Dallas debuts tonight. Mrs. LL will be in the crowd scene when Sue Ellen makes a campaign appearance. (Unless the scene ends up in the cutting room floor which would also mean that Mrs. LL will end up on the living room floor.)
- I forgot to mention that at the Stock Show I met a lady who seemed to be in charge of "Bond's Ranch" as in the Bond's Ranch that is the basis of Bond's Ranch Road.
- The Obama re-election and the Benghazi story petering out may put the Far Right in therapy.
- I'm seeing a headline that a person was arrested in Dallas for shining a laser at a Dallas Police Department helicopter. Without reading the story, how in the world could they ever find him?
at 8:39 AM