- Gov. Perry's assertion yesterday that the multi-billion dollar Rainy Day Fund be returned to the taxpayers is nothing but smoke.
- "Five people, including two men that investigators believe to be pimps, were arrested on charges stemming from a prostitution sting in Weatherford late Friday and early Saturday. Law enforcment [sic] officers with the Weatherford-Parker County Special Crimes Unit targeted online ads on Backpage.com and FWWeekly.com advertising services." Are there too many cops in this state?
- Mrs. LL has decided that The Family Pup needs to have puppies, and a "date" was set up with another Yorkie yesterday. I'm sooooooo keeping out of this and any conversation that goes with it.
- Jason London, who I'm not sure I've seen since Dazed and Confused, got arrested and has one of the craziest book in photos ever.
- It was a crazy day in the metroplex yesterday: (1) A huge line of storms with hail, (2) a man shoots his co-worker to death in Grand Prairie, (3) a Fort Worth cop was shot and is in critical condition, (4) T. Boone Pickens grandson dies, (5) cops were called to a conveniences store at I-30 and Watson in Arlington last night to find three people shot, two of them "critically" and (6) the teacher turns herself in for the hit and run death of child. Whew.
- And if Pickens, a TCU student died from a drug overdose as NBC5 is speculating about, then TCU's drug reputation is getting bad.
- Has Modern Family gone horribly downhill this season?
- Amazon announced today that it is building a 1.1 million shipping center in Haslet.
- I'm stunned that the female trooper involved in the caught-on-tape intrusive searching of two women a month or so ago was fired. DPS normally stands by their own but they sacrificed that woman.
- Thanks for all the travel tips from Monday. (But pricing travel online is enough to take the fun out of a vacation.)
at 8:39 AM