- There's all sorts of talk of Rick Perry making another run for the Presidency. If so, he is delusional.
- Police dug up a body just across the Wise County line in Tarrant County a couple of days ago. It'll hit the news in a couple of days.
- Former Aggie great from the late 1980s Darren Lewis was charged with aggravated robbery. I wonder, seriously, if watching the Aggies this year made him despondent about a better time in his life.
- Dumb question: Do none of the big name cowboys (i.e. Trevor Brazile) take part in any of the rodeos at the Stock Show?
- I was watching a college basketball with the Fourth Grader in the House last night and had to explain why teams intentionally foul in the last minute and, thus, slowing down the game. She suggested that the team who gets fouled automatically get half a point and retain possession of the ball. Not a bad idea.
- Allen High School has a band of about a billion members and had had the same band director since 1999. He suddenly quit, became a middle school teacher, and no one will say why.
- There's a boy being held in an underground bunker by a guy who took him from a school bus after shooting the driver. You would think this would get Baby Jessica-like news coverage.
- "Tarrant County Tax Assessor Ron Wright said Wednesday that District Attorney Joe Shannon should resign because of sexual harassment charges that became public last week." That's just weird. You don't see old white Republicans in Tarrant County taking shots at fellow Republicans.
- If you ever visit one of those "Emergency Clinics" popping up around the metroplex, be prepared for a shockingly high bill. And I'm talking in the four digits kind of shocking.
at 8:38 AM