- Well it turns out Mitt Romney jumped the gun yesterday when he criticized the "Obama Administration's first response" to the Libyian crisis. It was a statement from the American Embassy in Libya that was issued before the killing that Romney attacked. What a screw up. Game over?
- And that political genius Rick Perry also issued a statement attacking the President even before our Ambassador's body was cold. Is the Chinese Ad guy still also running the Perry spin machine?
- You guys realize that several Libyans were killed trying to protect our embassy, don't you? And I bet they were Muslims.
- There are a couple of murder-for-hire cases in the local news. Those things always seem to go wrong. Or are some murders actual "for hire" crimes that we never know about?
- Academic nugget: Former SMU dean Geoffrey Orsak fired after 74 days as University of Tulsa president. I don't know why but that wasn't even long enough to be considered an academic honeymoon.
- Cowboys nugget: Only 8 of 24 starters - kicker and punter included - remain from the 1-7 team Jason Garrett took over 25 games ago.
- I'm proud of the landscaping in the front yard of my house. A ton of hours were spent on it.
- The official organization of Texas District Attorney's and County Attorney's has issued a report saying prosecutorial misconduct is "exceedingly rare." What a relief!!!! Now I want to know what DPS believes about trooper misconduct.
- I was listening to the radio last weekend on the way to LSU and heard a rundown of college football injuries. It was lengthy list of young men "out for the season" with destroyed knees, ankles, and concussions. For the first time, I began to wonder is a sport I love can be justified.
- A radio commercial compared some product to the "cool side of a pillow at night." I know exactly what that means but I had never heard anyone mention it before.
- Someone tweeted this picture of a "massive car explosion" in Irving this morning.
at 8:32 AM