- One station was doing a store on the 77 year old lady v. cop last night and then showed a video from a few years back of a senior citizen caught on dash cam firing back at the camera with a shotgun. A trooper was killed in that incident the report said. I had never heard of it.
- If the 77 year old lady is thinking about suing, she is wasting her time.
- T. Boone Pickens was on The Ticket yesterday. That man is insufferable. (He was also on Piers Morgan last night with Mark Cuban -- I've got that DVR'd.)
- Kate Middleton is certainly in the news this morning. (You're on your own.)
- Sports: (1) Crazy fake field goal for a TD by the Packers last night on a 4th and 26, (2) with all the games left against the A's, the Rangers missing the playoffs can't be ruled out, (3) Alabama covers against Arkansas this weekend -- bet the house, (4) Ole Miss upsets Texas this weekend - bet about $20, and (5) if you are remotely interested in UT v. Ole Miss, scroll down this link to see a very funny preview of the game. Baylor is even mentioned.
- A spokesman for the very powerful hacker group "Anonymous" was arrested yesterday in Dallas during an online chat. The group then retaliated by posting the name, address, telephone number, and credit card number (complete with expiration date and security code) of thirteen federal employees.
- Any of you guys ever read The Looming Tower: Al-Qaeda and the Road to 9/11?
- The local CBS affiliate revised its weather forecast yesterday at noon to predict up to five inches of rain over the weekend. Man, they backed off that.
- I had promised myself I'd get out of the stock market when the Dow hit 14,500. I'm now thinking about sooner -- it sits now at 13,539. There has been a heck of a good run over the last four years and I fear a "correction" is coming. It was around 7,600 at the end of Bush Presidency.
- This may be my favorite time of the year (as long as the weather is cool.)
- The USA Today is supposed to have wheeled out a brand new redesign today. People dog that paper, but I love it when ever I get to read one. But it's always weird when I hear someone say, "I read in the USA Today today . . . ."
- Celebrity prediction: Amanda Bynes' wheels will shoot off far worse than Lindsay Lohan's.
- Death of a 33 year old from Boyd in the Update. What happened?
at 8:39 AM