- 9/11 snuck up on me this year. I didn't even realize it until yesterday. And eleven years has raced by.
- That 9/11 Flight Crew Memorial on Texas Trail in Grapevine is in a strange place. (Both to be in Texas and, since it is, not to be in the airport.)
- I really want to see the 9/11 Memorial in Manhattan.
- If you haven't seen United 93, you need to.
- Flying on Southwest this weekend reminded me how the attitudes of the flight attendants of Southwest and American are polar opposites.
- Forgot to mention that I bought the LSU tickets on Stubhub at not so cheap of a price. Once there, I was stunned to see the number of tickets for sale by ordinary folks outside the stadium. These weren't scalpers -- just ordinary folks trying to unload them. One lady who was in line to go into the stadium held up one ticket and yelled "$5".
- I read an old Texas Monthly article on the UT Tower Shooting. I didn't realize that the cops who initially responded were only armed with pistols and shotguns so many college kids went and got their rifles. They unloaded on the tower to keep Charles Whitman from having free reign.
- That whole episode, including the ending, would make a fantastic movie. (A TV movie was made of it in the 1970s.)
- Here's a youtube clip of the first Austin "breaking news" television announcement.
- How in the world can a Dallas cop end up dead by cleaning his gun?
- I'm a couple of days late on this, but that story on the guy in Dallas who killed the 16 year old girl who was about to testify against him in a sexual assault case is shocking.
- According to the U.S. Census, 1 in 4 Wise Countians don't have health insurance.
- Heard there was something going down about an Erath sheriff's deputy to be charged with a sexual assault of another sheriff's office employee, but I haven't seen anything about it in the news.
- I drove through the construction at FM 51 and 114 the other day. What a mess.
- Speaking of, has anyone driven 114 out of Grapevine towards the airport and either looked for signs to go up to 635 or into the airport. Whichever way you want to go, I promise you'll be routed in the opposite direction.
- Griffining is the new Tebowing.
- Anyone know who was in the wreck that leads the Update this morning?
at 8:37 AM