- If you got stuck in traffic on 380 headed into Denton on Saturday night, this is why.
- Mrs. LL and I had our anniversary dinner and Bob's Steak and Chophouse (thanks largely to a gift certificate.) We had an issue when we realized we were completely full after an appetizer of lobster bisque and calamari. There was no way I was going to ask for a take out bag in that high-tone place but thankfully the waitress said, "Can I wrap any of this up for you?"
- I realized I would have hated to be the guest host on Man vs. Food.
- And it must not be that unusual to get a take-out bag there -- the valet had the back seat door open for me to drop it in there.
- The strangest story over the weekend concerned the 17 year old who was found shot to death on the doorstep of a home in Tanglewood in Fort Worth. The homeowner says he didn't know her. One of the news stations said she was shot in the head three times. Wow.
- Another weird death: A Weatherford college student's body was discovered when a person was seen attempting to be load it into a vehicle. The guy loading the body fled, got away, but was identified.
- Near death: A UT student in South Africa was brutally attacked by two chimpanzees.
- Big wigs from the Dallas Mavericks meet with free agent Deron Williams in an effort to sign him. Oddly, Mark Cuban will not be in that group because he will be in Los Angeles to film an episode of that awful Shark Tank. (But his absence probably improves the Mavs' odds of signing Williams which don't seem very good right now.)
- The reviews for Magic Mike are actually good, but I don't think most females care if it has a plot. I'm not sure it has hit Mrs. LL's radar yet.
- It's "Vampire Mid-Week" for the 4th of July in Wise County. The government will be taking your blood against your will after DWI arrests.
- Wednesday is the worst day for a holiday to fall upon.
- Whatever happened to "Dr. Laura"?
at 8:36 AM