- Unemployment news announced this morning: It remains at 8.2%. I wonder how many right wingers wanted more people unemployed for political reasons?
- Britney in a bikini with her kids in a living room. (Facebook.) Attagirl.
- Lots of Mark Cuban hating going on in the talk radio world. I can't wait for his first interview where he'll say something like, "Have you read section 11 of the collective bargaining agreement? You haven't?" And then he'll fire off a bunch of terms that he knows the interviewer doesn't understand to take control of the conversation. Does it every time.
- Mrs. LL took the kids to watch fireworks along the Trinity River Wednesday night. I learned yesterday they grabbed inner tubes and actually got in the river. She's always had a certain glow about her, but now I wonder if it will be radioactively induced.
- The Running of the Bulls begins today. A few years back ESPN would carry those daily runs live (they last about two minutes each time.) Love that stuff.
- Shout out to Tara in the County Attorney's office who gave birth yesterday to Olivia Paige. (She strong-armed me into promising I would mention this day a few months back.)
- Absolutely worth a watch: DART bus plows into stopped cars on the Tollway last Friday. Whoa.
- I wonder if I can talk Mrs. LL into seeing Savages?
- Some how, some way, Mrs. LL has completed the entire series of Lost in record time. About ten episodes from the end I asked her is she was just "riding it out." Her (defeatedly): "Yes. I've come this far." Me: "Lots of people on the island?" Her: [Failed smile.]
- I love Fiona on Fox 4 but recently she's been tweeting and facebooking that we should watch her "antics" on the morning show. Others can say a person does wacky "antics" but the person doing the "antics" can't. It violates some rule.
- Sports Talk Radio: Take a listen to Chris Arnold on The Fan in the evenings. The former Ticket host and Mavs MC may be the most clueless guy on radio. (But you have to fight through Gavin Dawson's made up opinions to listen to Arnold.)
- Still love this line: "Mitt Romney has an albatross around his neck of providing health care to poor people while governor."
- Adrianne Curry "Hey, Now."
at 8:31 AM