- I dreamed I was in an airline check-in line and it was so long that they brought out the greatest pizza buffet ever. (Truly a dream.) But before I could get to it, it was all gone. That's part of my constant dream theme: I can't get to something/anything in time.
- Something I never used to have to deal with: Buy something at the grocery store I really want and then discover it has been eaten by others two days later.
- Most overzealous law enforcement officers in Texas: Game Wardens on a lake.
- The Mavs re-signed 39 year old Jason Kidd! They've re-signed Jason Kidd! Folks, get ready for the real Mark Cuban Era. (That team has been carried by Dirk for a decade and Cuban had nothing to do with him coming to Dallas.)
- The Ticket ran "Rotten Radio" yesterday which is a compilation of bits over the last 15 years. I wish they would do that every holiday, although it sure reminded me of how the station has declined.
- Former Wise County prosecutor Kevin Henry announced on Facebook yesterday that his 26 year old son had died in Los Angeles. No details were given.
- 45% of the population doesn't know how the Supreme Court ruled on Obamacare (15% incorrectly believe the court struck it down while an additional 30% have no idea at all about the ruling.)
- If you promise a Third Grader that you'll have a 4th of July party, she will not forget that promise.
- Former Bridgeport gal is now practicing criminal defense law in Waco and even got a press release. I've always said growing up on the mean streets of Bridgeport will give you an insight into crime.
- With all the technological changes in this world, why do fireworks look the same as they did 40 years ago? Oh, and did you see where all the fireworks accidentally went off at the exact same time to begin the big show in San Diego last night? It's fifteen seconds of fun.
- Did you see the story where an elderly couple in Mansfield claimed there home was physically broken into and burglarized of $20,000 of jewelry while they were watching TV with big headphones on? I guess I believe them.
- Garland motorcycle death.
- Did any news station cover the Tarrant County DA's office silly "no refusal" news conference where one of the prosecutors would have his blood drawn in front of reporters? I didn't see anything on Fox 4.
- My Mormon book update: The story about Joseph Smith is insane.
- I think wisecounty.com is having trouble this morning.
at 8:35 AM