- Regarding the suicide of the Highland Park man, is there not a decent photograph of him? The only one released is grainier than a Taliban video.
- Of all ways to commit suicide, can there be anything harder than stabbing yourself? Pulling a trigger has to be hard enough but plunging a knife in you? Good grief.
- And I'll rant and rave against the Medical Examiner's office again. They officially ruled the death a suicide. They can't possibly know that. All they can say is the death was caused, for example, by a severed artery. The cops may be able to piece things together, but the ME's examination of a body isn't enough.
- There's something not quite right about that case.
- Mark Cuban's brother, Brian, was on Fox 4 last night discussing the Penn State scandal. He was wearing an untucked polo button down shirt and jeans as the guy next to him was dressed in a suit. That's the Cuban way: Trying to be cool over substance. (Cuban even acted like his brother when he through out such things as "you don't know the definition of 'lack of institutional control'. "You have to look at the NCAA defintition!")
- Motorcyle chase death in near Saginaw..
- I was talking to a family member about my dental work and the fact that I have a trip planned to Mexico. After mentioning the drug violence, he said, "At least it'll be easy to identify your body." Pretty funny.
- A new poll has Cruz leading Dewhurst. If I'm Dewhurst, I pull those Chinese ads now and fire my political consultant the day after the election.
- The Kids In The House will sometimes refer to a gecko as a geico. I know who to blame.
- Josh Hamilton is now selling Christian T-shirts. As his wife said about his upcoming contract, "It's not about the money."
- Radio is a brutal business. Longtime Austin sports talk host Chip Brown (who covers the Longhorns probably better than anyone) walked into the building this week and was told by the new owners he was fired.
at 8:32 AM