- I was just going to go with the bodybuilder, but I panicked at the last second.
- Pilot/Hero Chesley "Sully" Sullenberger is releasing a second book. I've got a short hero's list, and his profiting with the first book was almost enough for me to kick him off it. The second book will do it.
- Notre Dame will play Navy in Ireland on September 1st. It'll start at 8:00 a.m. here. Cool. Very cool.
- "Why?" - WBAP's Hal Jay after hearing their Sports Director say that "The White House will welcome defending NASCAR Champ Tony Stewart today." (Shaking. Head.)
- The Anderson Cooper giggle fits are funny.
- I always file a federal income tax extension (which is the easiest form in the history of ever.) Today is the deadline in case you didn't know.
- My dreams continue to exhaust me. Last night I'm in a river. I see a fish. Then I see a bear come up out of the water to snag the fish. Then he looks at me.
- If you drive on I-35 south of Fort Worth you'll see a restaurant called "The Rig" which has, uh, a big fake oil rig in front of it. It had a trailer in its parking lot which caught fire last night killing a homeless man who was inside. I don't think that will help its Zagat rating.
- Caught the premiere of "Girls" on HBO -- the new edgy series. Meh.
- The "60 Minutes" special on Mike Wallace on Sunday was great. That's a lot of tension between he and a translator when he asked the Ayatollah Khomeini during the Hostage Crisis if he was a lunatic.
- I don't care about the Mavericks and it wouldn't bug me if they missed the playoffs. But I get interested when one player got a technical foul last night for giving a Utah Jazz player a violent "Wet Willie."
- I find it bizarre that a tremendous athlete died in a "Mud Run" in Fort Worth while trying to cross the Trinity River. Channel 8 had a great segment on it which had video shot from the water of people trying to cross it. It was chaotic. Since there was a rope from one short to the other, the organizers told participants they didn't need to know how to swim. Oh, my. I predict that will be the last "Mud Run" at the Trinity. (The Dallas Observer has a pretty good story on it.)
- Bridgeport had one of those runs about three years ago. I prefer pavement.
- Mrs. LL is a huge "The Office" fan and we've watched a ton of them with her in syndication. An oddity: One of the first ones I ever saw began with Dwight dressing up as The Joker. I've never seen it again despite rerun after rerun.
at 8:36 AM