- First Don Cornelius, then Dick Clark. If I'm Casey Kasem, I'm worried.
- With no one to host New Year's Rockin' Eve, those Mayans might have been right.
- I saw the DPS Academy campus yesterday in Austin. Had a Guantanamo feel to it.
- There was a huge Asian (Korean?) section of Austin that we drove through. So much so that even banks would have very nice signs on the outside with alternative spellings.
- I could have sworn one judge at oral arguments yesterday gave me the "Talk To The Hand" sign. It was almost bizarre.
- I was nervous before the argument because there seemed to be a lot of people in the courtroom -- maybe about 20. Then the doors opened up and in came about 50 students to observe.
- A guy whose name we don't know yet but is about to become Metroplex Public Enemy #1: The subject of the warrant which was just issued for the person who set fire to the puppy named "Justice." And WBAP reported this morning the cops believe the incident was videotaped. This will be a firestorm. Edit: It looks like his name is Darius Ewing. I feel sorry for a guy on Facebook and Twitter who goes to Baylor who happens to have the same name.
- And we're finally realizing just how bizarre that Montgomery County story is of the nurse who waited outside of a doctor's office to kill a woman so she could take her three day old child. I'm correct in understanding the nurse didn't know the woman?
- Mrs. LL is tricking up our kitchen table and chairs with cloth and ribbons that I can't begin to describe.
- Remember the flute in Men At Work's "Down Under"? That man and Dick Clark had something in common yesterday.
- Bridgeport High School girls golf team playoff scores: Cassi Smith, 89; Tiffany Hawkins, 92; Remi Swensson, 131; Cassidy McKibbens, 141; Jessica Windham, 161.
- I don't know about personally, but occupationally I'd love to be Skip Hollandsworth.
- If you've ever eaten at Tony's Pizza in Springtown, you'll be interested in this.
- It's the anniversary of Waco Siege Fire and the Oklahoma City Bombing. I know a conservative who has a big conspiracy theory about the latter.
- The only reason we know of the Secret Service/Prostitution scandal is because one hooker wasn't paid and raised a ruckus.
at 8:37 AM