- An SUV slammed into a parked Dallas police car last night on Central Expressway in North Dallas. This is becoming bizarre.
- After a day to think about it, the soldier going nuts in Afghanistan by killing women and children coupled with the scandal of burning of the Koran makes that country a powder keg for anyone wearing an American uniform. And it already was.
- Oddest tweet yesterday: "I've got Kony in my Final Four."
- Sean Hannity is in re-election panic mode. For some reason he believes he's going to make a difference with the continuous mention of the President's law school tape and Bill Maher's contribution to the Obama Super Pac. Both are huge swings and misses, but he refuses to realize it.
- After I finished jogging and was walking up the street to cool down on Sunday, I turned around to catch Mrs. LL and the Oldest Girl In The House hiding behind cars and mailboxes at they were attempting to stalke and scare me. Upon being caught, they turned around, locked arms, and skipped down the road like in The Wizard of Oz. *head shake*
- From the NYT: “What would happen if we organized thousands, even hundreds of thousands, of people charged with crimes to refuse to play the game, to refuse to plea out? What if they all insisted on their Sixth Amendment right to trial? Couldn’t we bring the whole system to a halt just like that?” My answer: Absolutley. Why doesn't it happen? All defendants would support it so long as they weren't the first in line.
- Do stations like WBAP pay the company which syndicates Rush Limbaugh for the right to broadcast the show, or does that company pay WBAP and makes money by embedding their own ads that WBAP must run? The answer is here and what that syndication company announced yesterday is shocking.
- Bumper sticker that would make many Wise County heads explode.
- The Star-Telegram is not running the Doonesbury series this week, but I was more amazed that the headline with a link to that story appeared five times on its homepage this morning. Who designs those things?
- I don't think I've ever met anyone who has been to SXSW in Austin.
- Sports: (1) I missed Cowboy's free agent tight end Martellus Bennett saying he feels like he's a 60 catch a year guy. This coming from a guy who has not caught a touchdown pass in the last three years, (2) the Cowboys get "fined" by losing $10 million in salary cap room for disregarding a salary cap warning during the non salary cap year when to honor the warning would get the owners in trouble for collusion? Ok, got it, and (3) Randy Moss has come out of retirement and signed with the 49ers -- whatever happened to Michael Crabtree?
- Time is running out to sign up for the Liberally Lean Pick 'Em Tourney sponsored by the following (and, merchants, there is still time to add to the pot):
at 8:29 AM