- In the Messenger's story about the guy allegedly trying to run down a trooper with a tractor, the property owner said that he was "gesticulating" at the suspect prior to the incident to try and get his attention. Yep, correct usage.
- The Weatherford Democrat used the headline that the man "Fled Like A Deere."
- Both stories report that the trooper fired twice at the man before he exited the tractor. I wonder if any of the cop cars, all with video cameras, recorded the incident?
- Does any town have more electricity outage issues than Decatur?
- It's odd how I just assumed that the body found in Wise County yesterday was a male. That was wrong.
- The Rangers crowd set a world record last night of most people to wear sunglasses at night. Silly.
- The Aggies, like the Longhorns, got booted from the College World Series after going 0-2.
- Gov. Perry says you can follow him on "Tweeter" (@ 2:30 mark - link takes you right to it) in a taped, pre-produced message.
- Speaking of, I woke up this morning to see Mrs. LL tweeted last night that I was "singing in [my] sleep." Some wise arse responded with, "Let me guess: He's singing, 'It's Raining Men'".
- Ok, that was funny.
- "For what?" - WBAP's Hal Jay's quote of the morning regarding the sports director's assertion that Roger Clemens may be in trouble in his upcoming trial.
- Third Grader In The House: "Mom says you snore and wants you to wear those nose strips she bought you." Me: "Really?" Her: "Don't tell her I told you."
- Lots of people discussing my sleeping habits.
- If you are the criminal defense attorney in the Corpus Christi case where your client got five years probation for "spanking" a two year old, family lawyer Abby Ewing of Dallas called you a "bad lawyer" on KLIF this morning (and then moments later said the case makes her think there may be more to it than what has been reported.)
- In the Northeast they are debating the potential impact of "fracking" and not a day goes by where a story doesn't say that in Wise County, Texas the practice caused property values to drop 75%.
- Isn't that QR Code that is popping up everywhere pretty close to the defunct and much criticized CueCat?
- Get me this Kelly Kapowski shirt that Justin Bieber wears!!! (Side note: The girls in the house have never heard of Saved By The Bell.)
at 8:33 AM