- This software for this blog now allows you to read it in a mobile-friendly format. Or so they tell me. Edit: Getting a couple of negative comments on this, but I thought it looked pretty spiffy on the iPhone.
- Got the sweetest hand crafted gift ever yesterday. I didn't tear up. Much. Ok, maybe a lot.
- And then the Family Cat almost caused it to go crashing to the floor later in the evening.
- Former Dallas City Councilman Al Lipscomb died over the weekend. The only time I did a double take on the story was when I saw an interview with a blast from the past: Diane Ragsdale. If you know those names, you remember some crazy times.
- There's a new mayor-elect for Dallas, and the Morning News lead headline today says his priorities are for "Growth, Schools." Schools? Someone want to enroll him in Local Government 101?
- Heard that current mayor Dwaine Caraway told the Mavs' parade crowd that he wanted them to "two-peat." As someone on The Fan said, "Don't we already have a word for that?"
- There was some type of extravaganza on the courthouse square in Decatur on Saturday afternoon. Unless it was a glacier themed water park, it had to be a beating.
- Did I see Fox 4 say the actual highs for Saturday as 111 for Wichita Falls and 114 for Vernon?
- On a sleepy, late Saturday night, Mrs. LL and I started to watch Inception. Uh, we'll get back to it.
- Had the "next Tiger Woods" win the U.S. Open this weekend. I have a question: Why does the NBC logo and the Golf Channel logo appear on top of one another in the corner of the screen?
- Still not exactly sure what happened on Friday to cause the The New Teenager In The House to get her phone taken away for a week, but Mrs. LL seemed to be more traumatized about it than her.
- P.F. Changs yesterday. Thoughts: (1) Not bad, (2) Oddest comment by waitress when someone in our party indicated that they hadn't been there before: "We're not Panda Express", and (3) Do some people roll out of bed and go to a restaurant?
- A line of thunderstorms was going through Jack County as I type this line at 8:05 a.m.
- Tuned into catch the last minute of the Miss USA contest last night. Here's your winner, Miss California. Just okay. (Did you know Miss Texas won that pageant five times in a row in the 1980s?)
- Gov. Perry sure did sound like he was running for President over the weekend as he gave a speech in Louisiana. And he harped on new (but largely meaningless) legislation which was perfect to jazz the right wing crowd: Voter ID and Tort Reform. If you thought he wanted the new laws only for a presidential campaign, you were right.
- And if he's the savior for the Republicans, they got big trouble.
at 8:38 AM