- George Lopez is in the metroplex this weekend and, as predictable as the sun rising in the east, there are still tickets available. As awful as Jay Leno and David Letterman are (have you watched them lately?), Lopez has jokes written by fourth graders. And that may be an insult to fourth graders.
- "Gays, Grannies, and Grandes" - A Southwest Airlines pilot with an open mic is not pleased with the selection of flight attendants. (Uncensored audio here.) I kind of feel for the guy -- he thought it was a private conversation with another pilot.
- But no company does a better job of scrambling to do damage control than Southwest.
- There's not a whole lot of time in the evening, is there?
- Another In-N-Out Burger was opening in Dallas this morning and the news stations were all over it. But unlike the one in Plano (?), there wasn't the initial rush at all. I saw one poor reporter in an empty parking lot at around 6:30 a.m.
- I'm coming up on my one year anniversary. I wonder how many bets will have to be paid off? I wonder if Mrs. LL will have to pay of her I-Love-You-But-It-Was-Just-A-Little-Hedge-Bet? (Kidding. I think.)
- A Dallas attorney shoots an 880 pound alligator in the Trinity River in Leon County. And he says his testosterone level has been "very high" since the kill. Please. You picked up a gun and pulled the trigger. You didn't exactly win a UFC match, hoss.
- The Masonic Lodge in Decatur is installing new officers this weekend according to the Update. The highest ranking title to be awarded: "Worshipful Master." I think I found my new household nickname.
- Cops can obtain a search warrant for your blood after a DWI arrest if you refuse to provide one voluntarily. Normally, prosecutors don't want the cops to tell the arrestee they have that right because they want a voluntary sample to be truly voluntary and not the product of coercion or a threat. So what does the legislature do? As of 9.1.11 the cops now must threaten that person with a blood draw whenever they ask for a voluntary sample.
- Still not a lot of publicity about half of Wise County becoming part of a newly created Congressional district. We've probably become part of a different district from time to time due to redistricting, but have we ever become part of a new district? (Texas picked up four because of the census.)
- Wise County has declined to issue a fireworks ban. But for the recent rain,the lack of a ban would have been the equivalent of issuing a box of matches to every child in the county.
- There was a horrific robbery of a pharmacy in New York that left four people dead. An arrest was made yesterday with police saying that the motive of the shooter was to obtain hydrocodone for his wife. She looks a little loopy in her wedding photo.
at 8:35 AM