- True Lies is a silly movie that sucks me in every time.
- Was getting my oil changed yesterday when I was accosted in the waiting room by a little girl who insisted on getting one foot from from my face and dang near yelling: "My dad and brother are getting their oil changed in the truck!!!" "What are you doing here!!!" "Are you playing a game on your phone!!!" "I like Angry Birds!!!" "Do you want to watch me play Angry Birds???!!!" So there I was, watching her play Angry Birds.
- What's Tech got against Baylor? On Saturday, they beat the #1 women's team as well as the men's team (basically eliminating them from the NCAA tourney)
- Horrifying: Having a four year old fall off of a fifth store apartment balcony in Addison over the weekend.
- The neighbor's cat is huge and hangs around outside most of the time. But now it spends all its time peering in a window at the Family Cat. You want to know chaos? When somehow it got in the house through the the front door in the middle of the night on Saturday and was then confronted loudly by the Family Pup and Family Cat. Let me tell ya, that'll wake you up.
- Lots of hubbub today about the Texas Legislature being poised to allow Concealed Handgun License holders to be able to carry the weapon on college campuses. I seriously doubt that anyone who is over 21, took the time to get licensed, and is enrolled in college is going to cause some random problem.
- When the pick-up-your-kid time after a slumber party keeps getting pushed back and back, you kind of become a free babysitter.
- It seems like I've got 1,000 TV channels and most of the time I still can't find anything good that's on.
- I don't see how a NASCAR race that lasts over four hours, involves cars so similar that they can't get away from each other, and having a twenty year old nobody win its premiere race is supposed to be entertaining.
- But I should be a fan: I had to do some concealed car body work using a zip tie yesterday. That just felt wrong.
- The official DPS twitter feed posted this on Friday: "All driver license offices are CLOSED on Monday (to allow our employees to take advantage of all the department store Presidents Day sales)." So now government employees are taking a paid taxpayer day off and mocking you at the same time.
- I can't believe I'm saying this but Justin Bieber looked like a legitimate athlete in the NBA celebrity basketball game.
- Cowtown Half Marathon is this weekend, but they've moved it to Sunday -- I don't like that.
- Britney is accused of ripping off the rock ballad "If I Said You Had A Beautiful Body Would You Hold It Against Me" by the Bellamy Brothers? I don't think her new single sounds anything like it.
- Saw a very young couple waiting in line at the grocery store on Saturday night while the dad entertained their baby. Mom had all the signs of a meth addict and looked as unhappy as anyone you've ever scene. It was one of those "how did I get to this point?" looks.
at 8:31 AM