- Boy, Fox News won't back off dogging the teacher protests in Wisconsin. But when you have government workers and unions in the same group, you'll be in their proverbial cross-hairs.
- Great site for weather geeks.
- Forgot to mention yesterday that 53 people were killed in Juarez last week from Thursday through Saturday. Amazing.
- Some people dog me for not mentioning the Decatur ISD and its proposed budget cuts. Frankly, they haven't pushed the panic button like everyone else -- and I'm not sure why not.
- Mrs. LL oddly fired off the statement, "It smells like updog in here" this morning. If I had responded with "What'supdog?" I think she would have laughed for hours. (I think I responded with something like "What's updog smell like? Do you smell something? We can't have some odd smell in here!!")
- Weird: We've all driven by the Coors plant off Meachem Boulevard and I-35 in Fort Worth. Well, Sunday night a cab crashes into a parked 18 wheeler on the service road and the passenger is killed.
- Jerry Jones made his first appearance since the Super Bowl: He gave a brief speech at some PBR event/Toby Keith concert at Cowboys Stadium on Saturday night. (Pic)
- Carnage!: The Update reports this morning that the Bridgeport varsity cheerleading squad will be reduced from 16 to 10!
- The NFL owners will royally screw over the players' union in the upcoming NFL labor talks/lockout. Those guys have such short careers, none of them are willing to hold out for one year or two. They have to be paid. And now. (Baseball players, on the other hand, would sit out for three years knowing they'd recoup it all when the owners finally caved.)
- With Libya on the brink, I recall Ronald Reagan's order to bomb Libya with one hard 10 minute strike in 1986. It was the first real "we aren't going to take it anymore" action by the U.S. in my lifetime. And the public loved it.
- Speaking of retaliation: CNN just reported that four Americans captured by Somali pirates over the weekend are now dead. They didn't deserve to die for it, but that was a foolish, foolish thing to take a boat into those waters. (They were delivering bibles. Edit: Source.)
- Silly Ticket humor this morning: Gordon: "7-11 University is in town this weekend and they are planning on rolling out some specialty dishes." George: "7-11 University? What conference do they play in?" Craig: "The Big Gulp."
- Yankee's co-owner blames 2010 flame out on players "concentrating on their mansions." Jeter has a nice one:
at 8:22 AM