- I was surprised by the lack of reaction you guys had to the Bridgeport graduate turned Dallas PD officer who had made some questionable postings on Facebook. (Story was posted about a week ago.) Normally, we'd get a ton of "I know that girl and . . . " responses.
- There was a truck upside down under the 114/287 overpass (Dallas bound) this morning. Cops were on their way but I saw one overshoot it and head eastbound on 114.
- That video of the Dallas cop beating a handcuffed suspect that I posted yesterday was indeed a bad scene. Whenever you see one cop restrain another, you know it was over the top.
- Lindsay Lohan's latest court outfit. Not bad.
- Mrs. LL this morning: "If it is to wet to practice softball, they'll practice in the parking lot and use a [voice changes to a tentative and unsure tone] waffle ball."
- But the judge in the Lohan case made the oddest statement yesterday: "If you plea in front of me . . . you will go to jail." How in the heck can he say that? The case is simply pending and no evidence has been presented to him. In Texas, a judge can't even tell a defendant who is receiving probation that if he violates that probation he is guaranteed to be sentenced to jail.
- Miss San Antonio can't keep away from the cheeseburgers so a judge ends up stripping her of her title. Viva la justice!
- Hot sports opinion: I don't think Tiger Woods will ever break Nicklaus' record for most Major wins. (He got booted in the first round of some match play tournament yesterday.)
- Baylor and Texas Tech will play at Cowboys Stadium this fall. I really like this DFW neutral site thing they've got going.
- I caught the last part of a documentary on Caddyshack last night which included the video of NBC film critic Gene Shalit originally ripping it to shreds
- I let a couple of jabs between MzChief and Kathleen go through yesterday. But that's it. No more. (All you other guys stop sending me comments about it.)
- Tried to teach the 7th Grader in the house about healthy skepticism last night when she freaked out about a report of Facebook shutting down. That's a little tricky.
- The Dallas mayor resigns yesterday but fails to mention a run for the Senate which we all know about. Hey, you're trying to manufacture drama about a subject (you) that no one cares about.
- Gas has busted $3 a gallon with some predictions it will reach $4.50. (And a barrel of oil cracked $100 briefly yesterday.) Get ready for Wise County Oil Boom 2.0.
at 8:24 AM