- A horrific event: Kid stows away in a jet's wheel well and, oh. no. [Link fixed.]
- The video inside the Metrodome's roof collapsing was fascinating. Almost as fascinating as Fox Sports thinking is was going to happen and deciding to roll video all night long in order to catch it.
- I wrote two years ago that it was "just weird" for the Evil Empire to name Will Muschamp as "coach in waiting." I guess he did too since he fled the 2010 train wreck and is heading to Florida. (How did that team go from playing for a National Championship to complete chaos in less that 11 months?)
- What a funny story: A guy gets arrested in Dallas, handcuffed behind his back, placed in the squad car, and then manages to drive away in it while the cops weren't watching. And he got away with it. For now.
- CNN had a bit or Idiocracy this morning when they had a "Feels Like Temperature Map" instead of a "Wind Chill Map."
- I think freezing to death would be the worst way to go.
- I ate at Cantina Laredo in downtown Fort Worth on Friday night. I've always liked all the free parking down there and looked online to see if there was some I had missed: Yes and no. The map said the parking garage by The Tower condos was available, but it was a mess with all of the reserved spaces.
- Cowboy Tashard Choice getting Michael Vick's autograph after last night's game was unstable. But he defended himself this morning on Twitter claiming it was for his nephew and doesn't impact how he plays on "da field." Plus, "ya'll are a trip foreal."
- DeSean Jackson's fall-backwards-into-the-end-zone score was funny. It happened while I was in the store, but the missus hit pause because she knew I'd get a kick out of it.
- Watched the first two episodes of Breaking Bad on AMC. It has potential.
- Texas is only one of 16 states that allows "straight ticket" voting. The Morning News criticized the practice in today's edition and pointed out that some proposed bills have tried to ban it. But that's not going to happen when the majority was voted in due to straight ticket voting.
- Wheels Off radio interview of Joe Paterno.
- I put up (down?) lights to outline the front yard. You'd think that would be a quick and easy job -- but that would be wrong. (And nothing says Christmas like one particular socket that blows out every light I put in it.)
- Did I tell you we also had a pet turtle? Did I tell you that we now have a dead pet turtle?
at 8:26 AM