- I like the local Fox 4 News, but they went nuts over a kidnapped Denton County woman last night. They spent the first 12 minutes of the newscast covering the case mostly with fluff pieces (interviewing co-workers, etc.) and then later in the show interviewed a couple of spare "security experts." They even had a "continuing coverage" graphic.
- The lady was found safe hundreds of miles during the night by the way. They believe her abductors were ages 23, 19 and 17.
- I finally ate at a Which Wich the other day. It started off as a beating as they make you pick out one of eight different sandwich sacks (one for turkey, one for chicken, etc.) and then use checkboxes to order exactly what you want on it. I hated it at first then quickly warmed up to it. It's a heck of a lot better than going through the Subway line and answering ten questions.
- The ex-trooper who slammed the girl into the wall of the North Dallas tollway was sentenced to six months probation yesterday. I really don't have a problem with probation, but six months (when the maximum was two years) seems a little short.
- Denton has two high schools in the state championship playoffs tomorrow. And Denton High School is not one of them.
- Noticed in the Update that Erick Blalock of Bridgeport has died. He was one year older than me and his health took a mysterious downturn about a month ago. Sad and scary.
- I go to the grocery store a lot.
- Anyone eaten at the South Beach Taco Factory on the square in Decatur?
- With the price of gold having gone through the roof, do high school kids still purchase class rings?
- I think I kind of like that Julian Assange guy.
- The security guard that shot the crazy guy who fired his gun at the Florida school board was all over the place yesterday giving interviews. Hero? They might want to tap the brakes on that. He watched that lunatic for several minutes and it's by sheer luck that half the school board isn't dead.
- Weird: A 15 year old girl and her infant son (ugh) were found dead in their home in Irving but the coroner found "no trauma."
- Tom Bishop took time to respond to his critics and I posted his comment below as an edit to the original post below.
- Tony Romo got engaged last night at the restaurant atop Reunion Tower. Google images of her here.
- There's another slumber party at our house tonight? Really?
at 8:35 AM