- Six teenagers drown in the Red River in Louisiana. Three each from two families. None knew how to swim.
- Place your bets: Can the Texas Rangers possibly blow an eight game lead down the stretch? I'm a little nervous about that.
- And the "auction" of the Rangers that occurs today is incredibly confusing.
- Obama is sticking to his end of August timeline to get out of Iraq. There were 144,000 troops there when he took office. Soon there will be next to nothing. That's a huge campaign promise that was kept.
- Now get us out of Afghanistan. (I know I say that every week, but I think it more often than that.)
- I was in a Fort Worth post office yesterday. When did every postal worker get so friendly? I mean eerily friendly.
- Sarah Palin was on Fox News Sunday last weekend and uttered the phrase "In Alaska, we know only dead fish go with the flow." Host Chris Wallace acted like he had never heard that line before (even though she famously used it in her governor resignation speech.) How do I know that and he doesn't?
- I got to be checked out by a Walmart gal who acted exactly likely the Asian character "Jodi" who had a minor dope smoking girlfriend role in Knocked Up.
- Falling 500 feet to death with your wife while hiking in Colorado is not a way I want to go. Horrible.
- I woke up late this morning. I'm beginning not to trust my alarm which isn't a good feeling.
- Isn't Deal or No Deal a show that could take place in about five minutes instead of thirty?
- I've heard it's "Shark Week" but it would take me a bit to find that channel.
- I bought TCU/Baylor tickets yesterday.
- I don't know who Sophie Turner is, but she went to the beach. Hey, now.
- Breaking: At least three dead in Connecticut workplace shooting this morning. I fear the workplace shooting. Edit: Body count is up to 9 by noon.
- I think I fixed my computer virus by tinkering in the Registry. Always a dangerous proposition.
at 8:34 AM