- If a law enforcement agency has a bomb squad, the greater the probability that a "suspicious", yet ultimately harmless, package will be blown to bits in that jurisdiction.
- That was a heck of a lightening show we had last night.
- I heard that the victim in the Wise County burglary case from yesterday became so emotional during a victim impact statement that he had to be helped out of the courtroom. (The defendant had stolen scrap metal from him.)
- And one of the jurors snapped at a lawyer who wanted to talk to him about the case. It's not uncommon for jurors to not want to talk, but rare for them to get snippy.
- I always laugh when I recall Al Gore saying, "You don't have to get snippy about it" when he called George W. on election night to withdraw his previous concession.
- While watching a little bit of the Ranger game last night, it occurred to me that it's no longer little kids that scramble for home run balls when hit onto the grass in center field.
- What's up with all of these college "undie runs"? Even the University of Texas had one.
- Has life in Wise County really changed that much now that basically every town has legalized the sale of alcohol?
- Did you guys see the new footage of the oil gushing out of the pipe in the Gulf? Holy, cow.
- Two things royally criticized over the last two days that I don't care about: Lost and LeBron James.
- Richie Whitt suggested the Byron Nelson Golf Tourney allow Tony Romo to play with one of its player exemptions. What a great idea.
- To you runners out there: I destroy the outside heel of my running shoes before the rest of it. Any suggestions on shoes?
at 8:23 AM