- Minority owner Ross Perot Jr. sued, in essence, the Dallas Mavericks claiming the club is losing money hand over fist. Mark Cuban responded in his normal annoying fashion. But, man, those guys don't like each other. (That was a small news blurb at 8:00 p.m. last night and then blew up over night.)
- I'm not exactly sure what happened, but a lady was wailing (and I mean wailing) in the Wise County Courthouse yesterday after she lost primary custody of her child.
- There's a burglary of a habitation case being tried in felony court in Decatur this week. Not exactly riveting stuff.
- I really don't have any problem with Elena Kagan, Obama's nominee for the Supreme Court, never having tried a case or been a judge. That Court is bizarrely academic.
- And I love Obama saying Kagan has a habit of "understanding before disagreeing." We could all practice that a little bit more.
- There was a perfect game pitched in baseball on Sunday (by a former Texas Tech player), and I was able to catch the last out on TV simply because I was tipped off by Twitter.
- This is funny: "Fake Yo Yo Trickster Fools Every TV Station Everywhere."
- Betty White is getting wildly praised for her performance on SNL. But it's a lot easier to succeed in this world when everyone watching you wants you to succeed.
- Maybe I didn't give The Pacific enough time since more and more people seem to praise it. But when I watched it there was a time waste with a long dinner scene and sex scene. That's not exactly what I had in mind when I thought I'd learn about the Pacific theater in WWII.
- The death of Lena Horne didn't get my attention at all because I was basically unfamiliar with her. Growing up a white boy in a small town in Texas will do that to you.
- I've had three people within the last week make it a point to walk across the room to tell me how much the like this silly Blog. Two of them were complete strangers. I get sooo uncomfortable when that happens.
- When MzChief goes on a tear, she goes on a tear.
- Dallas Observer's Richie Whitt releases his Top 10 Hottest Women In DFW TV. What? No Fiona? She only makes Honorable Mention? The Bush-Gore vote wasn't this flawed!
- I don't buy Tiger Woods "injured neck" proclamation which allegedly caused him to withdraw during the last round of last week's tournament. You can spot someone with that problem. Anyone remember Barry Switzer during the Cowboys final Super Bowl season? He looked absolutely in pain holding the Lombardi Trophy with Jerry.
- Do you know how many minutes my cell phone bill said I used last month?: 9. I don't do social calls.
- I wonder if the Wise County Sheriff's Office ever found that lady that escaped from a patrol car in handcuffs?
at 8:15 AM