- Wow. Tim Curry, long time Tarrant County DA, died last night.
- As one of his employees in 1991, I had to meet with him in his office to tell him I was running for DA of Wise and Jack Counties. I think he thought I was crazy.
- He was a nice guy but was rarely seen in public. I totally understand that.
- "What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas" was actually, "What happens here, stays here" in the original ad campaign. And that must have been one heck of an ad campaign.
- Obama's public meeting with credit card companies was a little silly, all political, and a little bit of government bullying.
- Windiest Spring ever?
- I've begun asking jury panels what they think about the statement, "It is better for 10 guilty men to go free than for one innocent man to be convicted." The answers are pretty interesting.
- Someone yesterday on a panel said, "I may feel a little differently if that innocent man was me."
- Limited interest: Anybody see the Lari Barager Fox 4 story about the little kid from Cleburne named Emma that "saved" her grandmother and is to be honored as a hero? The grandmother passed out while driving so Emma grabbed the wheel (only for the car to go off the road, through a fence, and through a work shop.) Emma's a cute girl, but I'm not sure what it was that she did that is worthy of so much attention.
- Hot sports opinion: Mavericks next four games will be lose, win, lose, lose.
- Back to the DWI trial.
at 8:10 AM