- In the Ranger's game yesterday, some player tipped a ball that dribbled about four inches in front of him. Ranger's play by play man Josh Lewin quickly said, "That's a peach, hon!" (A Caddyshack reference.)
- I saw a campy movie on cable this week called "Rx." Not bad.(Kids go to Mexico to get drugs. Situation goes horribly wrong.)
- Finally saw "Baby Mama" this weekend with Tina Fey. That was pretty funny.
- Final movie thought: Everyone keeps telling me to see "Seven Pounds."
- Oops, one more: I like it when people think they know me well enough to suggest movies to move. It also tells me a lot about them when they suggest something that there is no way I'd watch it.
- Local blogger writes about lost love. Very well done.
- As of last night: Miss USA 2009. Hey, now.
- Saturation Point for Susan Boyle: Exceeded.
- Did you see Hugo Chavez hand a book to Obama during a photo op? That would be a tense moment for anyone since the book could have been about anything.
- I think the local news channels underestimate the entertainment value of segments like "Whatever Happened To." I love that stuff.
- I refuse to watch anything involving Donald Trump.
- I snuck down to the Main Street Arts Festival for a bit this weekend. It is almost too crowded to enjoy.
- I saw one large funky painting that I liked so I looked for the price tag. Found it. $3,500. I walked away, dejected.
- Over the past few days, DPS completely changed its criminal history reports that cops use in the field. Except they forgot to tell the cops about it.
- Went through the self check-out line at the grocery store last night only to discover I left my wallet at home after I had scanned everything. Then I had to deal with a clerk who was like one of the characters out of "Idiocracy."
at 8:15 AM