- I thought about The Judds the other day.
- The Travel Channel should be called Guys Eating Fatty Food All Over The World Channel.
- I slept too much this weekend. Post-Christmas depression? Oh, yeah.
- Why I don't bet on sports: Arizona beat Carolina.
- One of the most fascinating things I've read and which I'm planning on doing: The Master Cleanser program. It's 10 days of nothing but drinking a combination of lemon juice and maple syrup with, and get this, a nightly "cleansing drink" of sea salt water. The Dallas Observer's Richie Whitt (the best writer in the metroplex) is doing it and giving a daily update here. The program's web site is here.
- Finally finished In Bruges (after about a three month break). It's great.
- I've always thought the Golden Globes was a better program than the Academy Awards, but I totally forgot about it last night.
- The term "Information Super Highway" first appeared on the cover of Time Magazine in 1993?
- North Texas' football program is in shambles after its QB announces he is leaving. "When you spend the amount of time with someone like we did with Giovanni, it’s disheartening," coach Todd Dodge said. "We will be fine, but it’s confusing, to say the least." Should have stayed at Southlake.
- Clint Eastwood is overrated.
- The Rangers want to move Michael Young from shortstop to third baseman. He says, "no way" and asks to be traded. That's a fine team player.
- WBAP's Hal Jay asked whether the Texas/OU basketball game tonight is as big as the October football game. Really. He did.
at 12:17 AM