- When I was backing out of my garage this morning I heard the loudest and weirdest "beep, beep, beep" sound. I thought either someone was stalking me or my car had magically installed a rear sensor. I got out and looked around, but nothing. It kind of creeped me out.
- If I get to the cleaners really early, I'll find a lady alone inside who keeps the door locked despite the "open" sign. She gets up and opens it when she sees me coming. I think she does it for protection.
- The governor of Illinois is just cocky enough to make me start to like him.
- Heard a guy on WBAP say this morning that "I don't feel like I've eaten a meal unless I'm stuffed." Disgusting.
- For the first time in years, I don't have a New Year's Eve party to go to.
- Actually, I got invited to one, but I think the hostess secretly hates me.
- What a weird incident last night when three guys entered The Gas Pipe in far north Dallas and opened fire, killing one.
- I have never understood The Gas Pipe which basically sells drug paraphernalia.
- And the Fox 4 broadcast of the Gas Pipe shooting had a wide shot showing a "Psychic" store next door. So why didn't the people inside see the shooting coming? (I actually stole that like from Kris on Facebook.)
- Sports Quick Hits: That was a good OSU/Oregon game last night. Charles Barkley got arrested last night for DWI. There are five bowl games today.
- The five bowl games reminds me when I was in Las Vegas with my buddy Kevin on this very day a few years back. I chose one team to bet on and he chose their opponent. We placed our bets with the same ticket lady who remarked, "Why didn't you two just bet each other?" (And thereby eliminate the Vegas commission or "juice".)
- The Mavericks had their biggest comeback ever last night -- eliminating a 29 point deficit. But the head coach didn't get to see it because he was ejected in the first half. I didn't see any of it by choice.
- It's weird how at the stroke of midnight all the newly elected county officials suddenly take office.
- I became DA at midnight in 1993 in Billy Bob's at Northside. I thought that seemed wrong at the time.
- Wade Phillips is on The Ticket right now. He begins every answer with a very weak "well" followed by a two second pause.
at 7:34 AM