- As they reconfigure the lanes at I-30 this morning (for new road construction), someone didn't know what they were doing. Only one lane is getting through. (I somehow get a guilty pleasure of watching the traffic carnage in the metroplex on TV every morning.)
- "I gave him to the government nice and healthy, and the government returned somebody who is capable of doing something like that," Andres Acevedo said. Story. The Iraq War has not only needlessly killed 4,000 young men and women, it's screwing up those that survive.
- Edit: Regarding 4,000, you have to see this.
- I hate wind. I'll take cold. I'll take hot. But real windy days beat me down. And we are in store for three in a row.
- I'm so confused. Boston and Oakland are playing the first game of the baseball season right now (7:00 a.m) in Japan. It's suppose to be on ESPN2 but the network has lost it's signal. To quote Barry Switzer, maybe they got Japped.
- The Rockwall DA is insane for stealing a few thousand dollars which led to his conviction yesterday. When I became DA at the ripe old age of 30, I had exclusive control over the same checkbooks that got that guy into trouble (hot check fees, seizure money.) My dad strongly suggested I take those books over to the County Treasurer and require her co-signature on any expenditures. I did it.
- The "Awareness Test". Sent in by an emailer and, trust me, it is absolutely worth 50 seconds of your time. Do it.
- Gas prices and electricity bills this summer are going to kill us.
- Random "Cowboy Up."
- I wonder if that pic at the top enlarges if you click it.
- Added: Is this Aggie Interpretive Dance?
at 7:02 AM