- Motorcycle death in Hood County yesterday. He was a young guy with a wife and five kids.
- The University of Texas announced a game with Ohio State in 2023. Yep, 2023.
- A metroplex cheerleader set a record for backflips which earned her a trip to the Today Show. The record was set during a game between between St. Mark’s School of Texas and The Oakridge School --- both high tone all-boys private schools. But the record setter was from Hockaday -- a high tone all-girls school. That's apparently what all-boys schools do: Borrow high tone all-girl school for cheerleaders. (Not sure why I found that interesting.)
- Mrs. LL was an extra in the filming of a Dallas episode yesterday and was a foot from Patrick Duffy.
- When she told me that all I could think about was Cartman from Southpark yelling the name of Patrick Duffy. I looked it up and that came from the third episode ever which aired in 1997. My mind works very oddly.
- Content warning and racism warning: A bus driver in Cleveland gives a mouthy girl an uppercut which is one of the most violent things I've ever seen. I was curious if the Cleveland media had jumped on this story and it appears this morning they are aware of it. I bet it goes national.
- Texas/OU is upon us. I wouldn't bet on this game for anything. And I love the 11:00 a.m. start.
- Natalie Portman is in Austin shooting some movie and she is looking very "Texany Hey, Now."
- I'd take the far right far more seriously if they didn't say things like "our country's survival depends on this election." Hyperbole much?
- The best I can tell, "Crazy Texas Mom" over on the blogroll over there attends Krum high school games. Bridgeport plays there tonight. Be on the lookout for her. (I think she'll have a glass of wine in one hand, a bottle of Paxil in the other, and shouting very unlady like things.)
- I was watching Nancy Grace last night just to get wound up and heard the phrase "tertiary crime scene". I'll admit that I had never heard of that.
- Ben Affleck has a new movie called Argo about how the CIA snuck some Americans out of Iran during the Hostage Crisis. I had never heard that story before.
at 8:36 AM