- It's kind of weird that Pilot Point has "Bonnie and Clyde Days". I think Bud Kennedy went after the event a couple of years ago, but it's back.
- A Wise County jury convicted the guy of Attempted Capital Murder late last night but found him not guilty of Aggravated Assault against the landowner. It sounds like some people were expecting the verdict to be exactly the opposite.
- Another date rape at SMU. What's going on there?
- I wonder why sports radio shows think interview segments are interesting. It's a huge punch out for me whenever the "Jason Witten Show", "Elvis Andrus Show", or "Troy Aikman Show" comes on. You never learn a thing.
- "Fort Worth woman accused of bashing boyfriend with crystal ball." I wonder if he saw that in his future?
- I saw a shampoo bottle in the house with "mane" and "tail" in the name of it. Huh?
- I watched 9.79* - the documentary about the doping scandal of Ben Johnson. Verdict: Really, really good. But is sounds like everyone in the business knew he was doping.
- And Carl Lewis made a fortune in track and field? Funny line from his trainer/agent. "I never answer a question about how much Carl made from a single a meet. But throw out a number and I'll tell you yes or no." Off camera voice: "A half million?" Response: "Not even close."
- The 17 year old missing Ennis girl I mentioned yesterday was found when she, uh, showed up for school. I've got a self-proclaimed "junior Liberally Lean reporter" on the case.
- I'm a little skeptical of those Wendy Davis ads where she boasts of going to community college and then with the "help" of some scholarships, she went on to TCU and Harvard Law School.
- I had a dream last night I lost my iPhone but was tracking with the "Find My iPhone" app (like a GPS map in a car) from a different device. I could see it as a dot going down various roads. Then I'd wake up, go back to sleep, and see that dot moving on a map again. It seemed to go on forever.
- The suspected shooter in the North Richland Hills Chinese restaurant murder is named Shee Wong. Really.
- I actually turned on the TV as I laid down last night and caught the bottom of the 12th of the Yankees game. One swing.
at 8:37 AM