- A seventeen year old girl from Ennis can go missing and you never hear about it (but for stumbling on this picture and tweet about her this morning.) Kind of makes you understand how all those "Missing" posters in the lobby of Walmart exist.
- It'll be interesting to see if a conviction for attempted capital murder (of a peace officer) can be obtained for the trial that has started in Wise County. A tractor as the attempted murder weapon is a little unique. (Original story here.)
- It's kind of odd that the defendant in that case, Timothy Herring, has the same name and is the approximate age of a guy charged with killing a police officer in Chicago.
- Trevor Hartfield, the kid from Alvord that fell out of the pickup a couple of weeks ago, will be released from the hospital tomorrow.
- TCU announced its quarterback will leave school to enter rehab after his DWI arrest, and Coach Gary Patterson announced he will donate $100,000 to to help raise the profile of the "TCU Recovery Support Group."
- From a Sports Illustrated cover story on Patterson last year: "[Patterson] picks me up in his silver GMC Yukon, the stereo set to Sirius's '70s on 7. We hit three bars, a beer in each: Del Frisco's Double Eagle Steakhouse . . . then Grace . . . then Michael's, empty at midnight, where we sit a few minutes before he gets restless and decides to show me his new house."
- Terry Bradshaw, Jimmy Johnson and others from Fox do the Gangnam style dance. Shut down the Internet, we're done here.
- Here's a better video of Mr. Punk hitting the fan. (I mentioned it yesterday and didn't get one comment about the comedic genius of calling him "Mr. Punk.")
- Something that jumped out at me in the Update's reporting of that crazy wreck at Panda Express yesterday: Harris Hospital in Fort Worth is now known as "Texas Health Fort Worth Hospital." That changed slipped past me.
- Nothing powers me down more than the release of the Neiman Marcus Christmas Catalog and it's silly and over the top gift. (This year, a jet pack.)
- Those who dog the Rangers seem to have complete amnesia that they lost Colby Lewis and Neftali Feliz for the year. That was a huge hit in the middle of the summer.
- Mexican authorities claim they had killed the head of the Zetas drug cartel but then turn around and announce his body was stolen by masked gunman from a funeral home? Something seems fishy.
- Local coach Pete Hart hit a cow this morning. He's OK. Cow is OK. His vehicle might need a little work, however.
- Competing Pennsylvania headlines on the Sandusky sentencing:
at 8:33 AM