- Dez Bryant turned himself in on an assault charge yesterday. First round talent. Free agent brain.
- But we might want to tap the brakes just because you see the words "Assault - Bodily Injury - Family Violence." Yeah, it might mean he blacked the eye of a girlfriend. It also might mean he squeezed the arm of a roommate leaving no marks but causing the roommate "pain". It's a ridiculously broad definition under Texas law.
- The news footage on Fox 4 News of the city truck spraying some type of mist to kill mosquitoes in light of the West Nile virus "outbreak" always makes me think: Does that really work?
- Speaking of Fox 4, you probably had to see it last night but we learned that Heather Hays has no idea who the band No Doubt is.
- "17 people hurt in Tuscaloosa, AL bar shooting." No one killed?
- It seems only fitting that billboard-advertising-DWI-lawyer Mimi Coffey was proposed to over the weekend via a billboard. I wouldn't do it that way, but to each his own.
- I don't think I know the difference between "business class" and "first class." Now "coach" -- that I understand.
- Had a local lawyer drop by my office yesterday and give me some home grown tomatoes. "Don't take this wrong, but I'm running out of people to give all these to."
- The fear of terrorism for those in charge of the Olympics in London has to be off the charts.
- Mormon book update: I'm nearing the end of it and I finally got to the Mountain Meadows Massacre that a commentor kept mentioning. How in the world have I never heard of that before?
- And after reading the book, which examines the fundamentalist factions of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, the YFZ Ranch in Eldorado, Texas and the trial of leader Warren Jeffs finally makes sense.
- The President's remarks on Saturday sure does have the far right stirred up but to say it is a turning point in the race is silly. Those remarks were great to think about and can be the subject of honest debate. But if his greatest critics want to parse them with the hope they'll hurt the President, they might want to remember the far more shocking "spread the wealth" comment to Joe The Plumber had no impact. Plus, it's only July.
- Just like you guys want the President to lose, I want David Dewhurst to lose in the Senate race.
at 8:35 AM