- Fox 4's Dan Godwin this morning said the Dez Bryant case would be forwarded to the DA's office and then to the grand jury for possible indictment. Nope. Misdemeanors don't go to the grand jury.
- Is there anything less impactful that Tom Leppert endorsing David Dewhurst last night? (Note: Spellcheck says"impactful" is not a word. It should be.)
- Hope Solo is on the cover of Newsweek but the other headline above her reads: "18 to 35? You Are Generation Screwed!" Based upon online reaction of financial crisis from that age group yesterday, that should have been the cover story.
- I have been by two 18 wheelers this year when they had tire blow outs. Man, that's an explosion.
- Prediction: This is the last season of Josh Hamilton with the Rangers, and the Rangers will be fine with that.
- It is beyond comical that George W. Bush Institute has released a book on the economy when in his final days Bush frantically addressed the nation on how the American economy was then on the verge of absolute collapse.
- Baylor fans: RG3 signed his contract with the Washington Redskins this morning, and Adidas has released a cool commercial featuring him. I was reading Outliers again last weekend which speaks of how talent and hard work are important but how you also need the added element of being at the right place at the right time in order to be wildly successful. At the end of the Oklahoma game last year and with the score tied, Baylor tried to run out the clock to get to overtime. But OU coach Bob Stoops calls a timeout and Baylor changes gears and tries to score which it did in dramatic fashion. Had that timeout not been called, there would be no Heisman Trophy or the wild expectations that follow him now. A simple timeout changed his life.
- Longest bullet point ever.
- Heard on the radio this morning someone say that hitting your momma (Dez Bryant) is a lot worse than dog fighting (Michael Vick). I suspect if you watched the Dez incident (momma hit in the face with a cap) and the Vick incidents (dogs in bloody pulps), you would vehemently disagree with that position.
- Do you think the EPA cares one iota that the city councils of Wise County towns are passing resolutions that oppose the designation of a "non-attainment area"?
- The Messenger's Update lists an obituary of Michael Lee Lujan, 38, today. There is a Michael Lee Lujan, 39, who was sentenced to prison for four years out of Wise County last year. Same guy?
at 8:31 AM