- What? You no like car washers?
- Isn't it odd that General Petraeus has to be confirmed by Congress to lead the troops in Afghanistan. Is that in the Constitution? Shouldn't the Commander in Chief have the authority to pick whomever he wants without interference?
- 46 American soldiers killed in Afghanistan this month.
- Does anyone in Decatur know how a four way stop works?
- I know I can't convince anyone to watch the College World Series if you are not already inclined to do so, but you should. Last night OU was one run a head in the bottom of the 12th with 2 out and 2 strikes on the batter. Ten minutes later they were eliminated.
- Al Roker irritates me to death.
- 11 straight for your Texas Rangers.
- After the late afternoon rain yesterday, the streets were actually steaming. And I mean a lot of it. I halfway expected zombies to appear.
- NFL quarterback Mark Brunell has earned over $52 million. And he is declaring bankruptcy today.
- I'm traveling today and will be out of pocket but I'll check the comments on my fancy phone as often as I can. And you might want to check out my twitter feed over the weekend -- I promise something interesting.
- I watched the first 30 minutes of ESPN's The Two Escobars last night. Absolutely fascinating. If you are fan of Cocaine Cowboys and/or Blow, you'll love this.
- Technology is cheap. Take a look at this comparing what a weekly salary would buy you in 1964 compared with today. Shocking.
- I'm proud of myself for knowing why the Earth's tilt and position created the longest day of the year this week -- I could actually take a globe and explain it. But I'm equally ignorant as to why we have new moons and full moons -- and even more confused by a "lunar eclipse" we are having this weekend.
- A very well known and smart Houston lawyer who is widely read fired off an angry tweet last night after getting out of trial. (F Bomb warning). Man, he might want to rethink that.
at 8:32 AM