- Yesterday was a heck of a sports day: (1) The overtime soccer goal by Team USA, (2) the crazy marathon Wimbledon match that resumes this morning, and (3) an eighth inning, two out, 3-2 count grand slam by TCU in the College World Series last night which might have been one of the most exciting things I've ever seen.
- Funny line yesterday about that long Wimbledon match: You could have boarded a plane at DFW right after the first serve and arrived at the stadium before they stopped play due to darkness.
- A friend of mine was asking for suggestions for a place to eat in Dallas and a couple of people suggested the restaurant in The Ritz or the one in Hotel ZaZa. Really? I guess I'd do that once in five years for some type of celebration, but just on a regular trip to Dallas?
- I think the restaurant bang-for-the-buck ratio is way out of whack.
- BagOfNothing.com tracked down the cover of Rolling Stone that contained the interview that got the general in trouble with Obama. Oh, my.
- Lady GaGa is just a modern day tricked up Madonna, right?
- I dreamed/dreamt last night that I was clinging to a wall of Palo Duro Canyon.
- The 911 tapes of the Lancaster cop shooting were released yesterday. I understand why they should be public (government has no business keeping that information private), but I'm not sure it's necessary for every news outlet to play them.
- Limited interest: If you are thinking about getting the debuting iPhone 4, you might want to read this about problems that were reported yesterday.
- I would link to the Al Gore "sex crime scandal" but since it lacks an ounce of credibility, I won't.
- The Decatur School Board may name a new superintendent tonight. Some have speculated that it will be Melinda Reeves, but I have no idea.
- The Rangers have won 10 in a row -- all against bad teams, but it's still a heck of a feat. However, I'm changing my earlier prediction and predicting failure for the last half of the season.
- A collection of youtube videos of unruly airplane passengers. I had never seen one of the guy putting the kid in the overhead compartment.
- NBC5's Jane McGarry created a twitter account about three weeks ago and I can't believe it's her. (Although everyone tells me it's real.) She's funny and witty and posts more "hey, nows" than I do. (Example.)
at 8:13 AM