- The lawyer for the Ft. Hood shooter sounded really smart on the radio yesterday (NPR) but looked really wheels off on TV.
- I don't think TCU is a bad team. I think they are really good -- probably Top 10 worthy. But if they lose on Saturday, they'll never live it down.
- While you were sleeping: A family died and their two dogs in a North Dallas fire overnight. Fires in North Dallas get more publicity than fires in South Dallas.
- When the news of the retiring of Dallas Police Chief David Kunkle broke, there is not a fan of The Ticket that didn't think, "Did you not like your job? I'm mean, did you not like your gig? That wasn't the question."
- Fox 4's news footage "of the inside of the Fort Hood shooter's apartment" last night was a little silly. But I was shamefully interested.
- I completely missed the Country Music Awards last night. Not that I would have watched, but I would have at least given it a couple of minutes. When did Taylor Swift become a superstar?
- I replaced a tub faucet last night. It's the easiest job in the world assuming that screwing the thing on is even considered a job.
- Oh, man. Ex-Miss California Carrie Prejean, the chick that gets naked on camera but is anti gay-marriage, went nuts on Larry King Live. This is three and half minutes of entertaining video.
- I want the Mavericks to fail because I detest their coach.
- If I ever committed a heroic act (very doubtful), and I was to be interviewed on TV, one of the conditions would be that the word "Hero" not appear on any on-screen graphic. I've been seeing that a lot lately.
- Everyone on the radio was talking about the Oprah show yesterday where a disfigured-monkey-attacked-lady made an appearance. You know, I have no desire to see her face. What's wrong with me?
- The Ft. Hood shooter made $90,000 a year? (Or so I heard this morning.)
- A guy tries to send flowers to the Ft. Hood shooter and the FBI gives him a visit? Both acts are equally offensive.
at 8:18 AM