- Report of highway 114 shut down in Paradise at CR 3259 this morning due to a wreck -- and that's from WBAP.
- Crazy news that happens all the time: (1) a person driving the wrong way on the North Dallas tollway - happened last night, (2) a single car crash where the driver later turns out to be a gunshot/murder victim -- happened again in Fort Worth two days ago.
- If I set the timer on my microwave, I have this weird ability to sense when it gets under five seconds on the countdown.
- I'm just four chapters into it, but "Outliers" is one fascinating book.
- I'm pretty sure that there's a bill on Gov. Perry's desk which will allow the cops to take your blood without a warrant after a DWI arrest IF you have two prior convictions for DWI. And in a couple of years, they'll amend it to make it applicable to first time DWI arrests. That's how MADD works the legislature.
- GM declares for bankruptcy and the stock market goes up 221 points ---- all on the same day. Is there any question that we are living in Bizzarro world?
- And some "financial advisor" on WBAP said GM stock is pretty much worthless right now, and will always be.
- My closest friends tell me they get upset when I allow comments critical of me on here. "I just get so mad at those people," someone told me the other day. I've got lots of faults, but having a thin skin isn't one of them.
- I would have liked to have seen No Doubt last Saturday night in Dallas. Not enough to go through the arse whip of actually going, though.
- Do you think a new movie starring Tommy Lee Jones, John Goodman, and Mary Steenburgen would go straight to DVD? Yep, Into the Electric Mist. I watched most of it last night and it was really good.
- Texas/OU has been set for an 11:00 a.m. kickoff this October. I'm already excited.
- I don't recall a plane just vanishing like the Air France jet, but I don't know how you find it once it plummets into the ocean. Edit: ABC News just reported that it might have been found this morning.
- There was one American couple on board the plane (Michael and Ann Harris) who had moved to Rio last year from The Woodlands and were on the plane headed for a "seminar" in France. That sounds like a pretty good life that was gone in the blink of an eye.
- And he was a geologist for Devon.
- President Obama and his wife have a date night in New York on Saturday and the right wing goes crazy at the cost. Uh, folks, he's the President.
- Crazy storm this morning in Wise County, and this is what it looked like shortly before 7:00 a.m.
at 7:55 AM