- In case you missed it, long time commenter Jarhead cut ties to Wise County by selling his home although he almost had to resort to his old military ways in the process.
- The Obama campaign should turn this into a commercial. (Don't watch it if you've already got political Tired Head.)
- Unless there's something in the Update about it, the SWAT report last night must have been a false alarm.
- I think there are a lot of women on anti-depressants.
- Channel 8 hit a new low covering the "financial crisis" this morning. They had a report on how the so called credit crunch is impacting North Texas by showing "this empty restaurant." I suspect the footage was shot at 3:00 in the afternoon.
- Is anyone having trouble getting a loan from Wells Fargo, First Financial, Legend Bank, or the local Decatur bank that I can't think of the name of right now? I seriously doubt it.
- I could be rich if I could invent a way to make a gallon of milk lighter in weight.
- The Roanoke lady found dead this weekend was allegedly killed by current and former Northwest ISD students. I told you Wise County should distance from that district.
- The Ticket had the Fake Jerry Jones on yesterday who proclaimed that the season was now a "rebuilding year" and that he had put a for sale sign out in the front lawn of the new stadium. "The good news is that if you buy it now you can finish out the way you would like."
- I accidentally dropped off an old T-shirt at the cleaners the other day with my dress shirts. And they dry cleaned it.
- Being a Careflight helicopter pilot would be a cool job.
- There were only four Texas Republicans who voted for the bailout yesterday, and one of them was ours: Kay Granger. Remember that the next time she makes her once-every-two-year visit to Wise County.
- Had a DPS lawyer in Fort Worth see me in the parking lot yesterday and asked me when I sold my "big truck." I've never owned a "big truck."
- It drives me nuts when Obama and McCain make reference to "helping Main Street and not just Wall Street."
- Check out Bristol and Levi's wedding registry at J.C. Penney's. There's some odd stuff on there. (Thanks emailer Keith)
- The Rangers played at the same time as the Cowboys on Sunday. The DFW numbers: 7,470 homes watched the baseball game while 898,890 homes watched the Redskin fiasco. CPS should be called upon to visit those 7,470 homes.
- Hey, now.
- I knew the University of North Texas had 77 points scored on them by Rice last weekend, but I didn't know that the 77 points came in only three quarters. I'm telling you, Todd Dodge would rather be back at Southlake even if meant getting is Hummer scratched.
- There are few things that suck the life force out of me more than Chris Berman. Last night on ESPN he made a reference to the Saint's Deuce McAllister who "jumped off the
TallahasseeTallahatchie Bridge." He's been doing that stupid schtick for years, but on this occasion he was referencing a song that came out 41 years ago.
- Photo collection of movie stars and how they looked in the 1970s,
at 8:02 AM