- It's two-for-Tuesday
- Speaking of that guy in the picture, he had a movie called Surfer, Dude that opened up in 68 theaters last weekend and made $29,708. I heard him say in an interview that it's a movie "about just living."
- If you were wondering, that was Kat Deluna singing the National Anthem on Monday Night Football last night. Not sure why everyone tries to trick up the National Anthem.
- That was Tony Romo's 12th game of passing for over 300 yards in less than two seasons. Roger Staubach did it six times in his career. Terry Bradshaw did it four times.
- It was the beginning of National Latino Month (or something like that) at Texas Stadium and on the ESPN pre-game show I saw a mariachi band playing under the statue of Tom Landry. Really.
- Wall Street Beating yesterday. But I've truly learned just to roll with it.
- The Rangers played last night in Arlington. How many people would show up on a Monday night, during the school year, and at the same time the Cowboys are playing?: 13,536 according to the box score.
- DeShean Jackson launching the ball before he crossed the goal line last night was funny. The announcing crew mentioned that he did a premature swan dive in a high school all-star game that ended up a tad bit short. Photo here. What a knucklehead.
- John McCain always refers to Obama as "my opponent." Seems odd.
- I discovered tricked up tuna and other kinds of fish in a sealed metallic bag in the supermarket last night. Bought a couple of them. Can't remember the brand name.
- 55 degrees outside. Double sweet.
- Not breaking news: Galveston sounds like a mess.
- I don't understand people wanting O.J. Simpson to get convicted in his Las Vegas robbery trial because he got away with murder in Los Angeles. Yeah, I understand wanting to strike him down with great vengeance and furious anger, but do you really want a justice system like that? (And this robbery case probably wouldn't have even been filed had it not been Simpson involved.)
- Jennifer Tilly's sexy vocal cords are 50 today.
- Just noticed that the Jacksboro paper link on wisecounty.com now requires a paid subscription. I'll take the link down if they don't understand The Internets any better than that.
- Sign your life has gone terribly wrong: "A 40-year-old man walking his dog in the nude was Tasered by police when he refused to follow an officer's commands." Sign #2: "The man was asked what he was doing and told the officer, 'Allah told me to watch a Bruce Willis movie and walk the dog.'"
at 6:50 AM